Monitor Issue with Mountain Lion Install

8 posts in this topic

I have a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard, 8 gb of RAM, Quad-Core Xeon CPU, and NVIDIA 9500 GT in my "hackintosh" build. I was able to upgrade to 10.6.8 using this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197012

However today I have embarked on getting Mountain Lion installed. I tried to upgrade but that didn't work so I was starting a fresh build using this guide:

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-install-os-x-mountain-lion-hackintosh-on-a-pc-tutorial/

It booted great and I went to use ######. I installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] as well as the ALC888 folder, and the Realtek 81xx network kext. However after installing these (network works great even without the Realtek kext, sound however does not work) and restarting I get to the Apple loading screen, it seems to load then my monitor goes right into sleep mode. I can't do anything from there except shutting down.

I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No and the -v (which doesn't hang up anywhere) boot however all of these produce the same result.

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated!

if network worked great....WHY DID YOU INSTALL ANOTHER KEXT FOR IT? :wallbash:

Rather that try to figure out what all was installed that shouldn't have been, which can be tedious, it would be quicker to just reinstall, and this time remember, less is better. Try to use the least amount of added kexts as you possibly can.

Anyway, probably gonna need to make some edits to the nVidia kexts adding your cards device ID, there's a recent thread on it around here somewhere

Reinstalled and display screen in OSX shows the proper video card so I did not add any kexts and restarted just to see what would happen. After the Apple loading screen it goes straight to my desktop. It seems as if I'm just an idiot and was adding things that were not needed.

Working on audio with ###### now. Any tips for ALC888? I am going to base on this audio installation:

Edited by fantomas1
there's no support for tonymac tools ! Pls, if you have some issues with, go to its site for more support ! Thnks

More help is needed and would be much appreciated. Audio and Video was up and working. However the system would only boot from the USB drive. I attempted to install Chameleon bootloader (not sure how else to boot) and immediately after loading and trying to restart the same black screen occured. Tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -f and the same thing happens every time.

Help again would be much appreciated!

Assuming you didn't use any "easy" install options from that software and only chose audio, installed chameleon and nothing else. copy the /Extra folder from your usb to your HD replacing the one that's there now in the process, and reboot.