Problem with sound in ML

31 posts in this topic

i came across this while going through the console log:

8/1/12 3:28:20.602 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[139]: (org.voodoo.driver.voodoohdahelper[331]) Exited with code: 1

i dont have voodoo kext in my extensions folder though

you sure? or a launch daemon? check /System/Library/LaunchDaemons and LaunchAgents

Did you use Migration Assistant or time machine to transfer your User account?

Booting using Chameleon installed to Lion partition? Check /Extra folder on all partitions and delete .mkext

ok some news, i just did a fresh install just in case voodoo was being sneaky somewhere and i installed your alc888 dsdt and http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221850 the kexts from this topic i have audio option but no sound still im getting closer

and after some research it seems im not the only one with this problem with the alc888/1200

SUCCESS!!!!!!! idk how but http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215721&st=0 gave the answer using a voodoo package installer and it gave me full sound even mic capability which is something lion doesn't even have

• Like 1

good to hear. If you get any distortion using Voodoo, in it's prefpane turn down the mic gain and it will help reduce audio feedback which is the most common cause of any sound problems with Voodoo

the problem im having now is im getting weird kernel panics and my system locking up i think imma have to find another way besides voodoo its too unstand and when i restarted my pc all my sound output changed to digital out(HDMI)

final update sound works perfectly with that above voodo all i had to do was edit the .plist folder of the kext now to optimize my ML install

• 1 month later...