Problem with sound in ML

31 posts in this topic

Ok heres my issue, i have sound in my lion install by using voodoo 0.2.1 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymac i have a evga p55 micro v and sound chip on this board is a alc889 but ive tried everything in the book and i just cant get sound to work so can anyone point me in the right direction any help would be appreciated also my dsdt is also attached

dsdt-EVGA-P55-Micro-120LF-E650.aml.zip

there's no audio at all in there or even a reference to the hardware address it should be at. Can you enable audio in Windows and then extract it using Everest from Windows?

there's no audio at all in there or even a reference to the hardware address it should be at. Can you enable audio in Windows and then extract it using Everest from Windows?

Windows and my Lion paartition have perfect sound its just mountain lion have the issues i tried switching the kexts from my lion install worked up until i rebooted my computer and how do i extract it as windows and then what do i do with it?

use a app called Everest, it has a free trial, choose option from lower left corner of it's window t0 extract DSDT. once extracted, post it back here. Or boot into OSX without DSDT in Extra folder and use Chameleon Wizard's DSDT tab to extract there, must be booted without using a patched one though.

ok, btw to attach files, in OSX zip them first by RT clicking and choose "compress" from the RT click menu, then click "more reply options" to upload. It's picky about file types so gotta zip pretty much anything that's not a picture and remove any dots from the file name other than .zip

alright, i still dont have sound but it shows up in system profile, but not under options

idk i called avga to make sure i had the right audio chip they told me the alc889 but everest tells me the alc888

yeah, it says don't :) at least not with what I was doing. if it turns out thats the only way to make it work, so be it. But should be last resort, it causes kernel panics and is too unstable

anyway, if its 888 or 889, got you covered either way

is there a special way to install the dsdt because ive just been deleting it out my extra folder and putting ia new one in, and ive tried both alc888 and alc889 files you gave still nothing just system profile changes

this is my system profile under ML

post-653408-0-14515200-1343773085_thumb.png

have you installed the corresponding appleHDA.kext using Kext Wizard? Also after installing, use kext Wizards repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache options, then reboot. DSDT install is right though

first appleHDA I posted was for 889, 2nd one was for 888

and Voodoo must be removed first

kext wizard available here http://dl.dropbox.co...d/download.html

OK, having some browser problems, let me try that again....

Trying to verify that your audio is located at the usual hardware address, lspci will show all the devices on your PCI bus which includes your audio. Download lspci, http://www.mediafire...qtsqxaz3nux6gsj install it and restart. Then from terminal the typically used command would be: lspci -nn

We're going to use: lspci -b -nn

this will show the true hardware address of the devices and not just what OSX sees. So here's and example of what is needed:

fishlspci.jpg

here, we can refine our search results with the power of grep

fishgrep.jpg

The 00:1b.0 seen there, would be 0x001B0000 in DSDT like this:

Device (HDEF)
	    {
		    Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
		    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Store (Package (0x04)
				    {
					    "layout-id",
					    Buffer (0x04)
					    {
						    0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
					    },
					    "PinConfigurations",
					    Buffer (Zero) {}
				    }, Local0)
			    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
			    Return (Local0)
		    }
	    }
    }

And is the address I used in yours as it is usually at that address, but since that address was completely absent from your DSDT, would be best to double check.

yup, the others are right for their layout, but it's set up for that specific one. If you look at the DSDT Hdef section I posted on the prev page, for other codecs just change that one hex part using DSDT Editor DSDTEditor_Mac.zip, recompile and save as aml. so here you have layout 379 which is for alc889

Device (HDEF)
				{
						Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
						{
								Store (Package (0x04)
										{
												"layout-id",
												Buffer (0x04)
												{
														0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
												},
												"PinConfigurations",
												Buffer (Zero) {}
										}, Local0)
								Return (Local0)
						}
				}
		}

then you have layout 12(C=12 in hex):

Device (HDEF)
				{
						Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
						{
								Store (Package (0x04)
										{
												"layout-id",
												Buffer (0x04)
												{
														0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
												},
												"PinConfigurations",
												Buffer (Zero) {}
										}, Local0)
								Return (Local0)
						}
				}
		}

or for alc892 layout 892, which is 37C in hex:

Device (HDEF)
				{
						Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
						{
								Store (Package (0x04)
										{
												"layout-id",
												Buffer (0x04)
												{
														0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
												},
												"PinConfigurations",
												Buffer (Zero) {}
										}, Local0)
								Return (Local0)
						}
				}
		}