feel like helping me make an Lion AMD install disk?

BadRequest

3 posts in this topic

HI!

I've been trying to install Lion on my system with the various AMD kernels floating about, but im not able to get it even close to getting to the install screen.

I've seen that there are a few iso's around but none that work or have any seeders.

From what i understand there is an issue with Finder and AMD but that the Finder from beta 2 works fine.

I'm really interested in learning more about Osx86 and I would like to make my own install disk that will boot on an AMD system and install the beta 2 Finder automatically but my attempts have not been successful and I havent found a guide that explains it any better. All the guides I found state I have to have a working SL system and upgrade it, witch isn't ideal.

What I was thinking was that I would transfer the content of the BaseSystem.dmg found in the app-store image and make the regular changes you would in order to make an intel install disk, add the new kernel and install chameleon. But that has (as I expected) not worked fore me.

Does anyone know what files I would have to change in order to make it work and would be so kind as to help me out? ^_^

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

I've been trying to install Lion on my system with the various AMD kernels floating about, but im not able to get it even close to getting to the install screen.

I've seen that there are a few iso's around but none that work or have any seeders.

From what i understand there is an issue with Finder and AMD but that the Finder from beta 2 works fine.

I'm really interested in learning more about Osx86 and I would like to make my own install disk that will boot on an AMD system and install the beta 2 Finder automatically but my attempts have not been successful and I havent found a guide that explains it any better. All the guides I found state I have to have a working SL system and upgrade it, witch isn't ideal.

What I was thinking was that I would transfer the content of the BaseSystem.dmg found in the app-store image and make the regular changes you would in order to make an intel install disk, add the new kernel and install chameleon. But that has (as I expected) not worked fore me.

Does anyone know what files I would have to change in order to make it work and would be so kind as to help me out? ^_^

Thanks!

you can test osx indo lion , google it , with this distribution

you can choose many amd kernels and the finder dp2 on install customization