What is assistantd?

nyolc8

9 posts in this topic

Hi! I just saw that I have some console errors appearing in every ~10min:

2012.07.26. 13:19:09,545 assistantd[741]: <Error>: AceConnection - NSStreamEventErrorOccurred <__NSCFInputStream: 0x7fa63bc30070>, error = Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=54 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection reset by peer", domain = NSPOSIXErrorDomain, code = 54

2012.07.26. 13:19:09,555 assistantd[741]: <Error>: Session - Connection error: <ADAceConnection: 0x7fa63d018650> Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=54 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection reset by peer"

2012.07.26. 13:19:09,564 assistantd[741]: <Error>: Daemon - Session Error Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=54 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection reset by peer"

Is this appears for anyone else? What is assistantd? Because it looks like it is the dictation thing, but what is it trying to do in idle?

Dictation works fine.

Have you tested dictation to see if it's working? It only appeared for me when using migration assistant screwed up file permissions on just about everything possible (all in places that disk utility does not repair) and dictation would not work. And it appeared a lot! :) Fixed most the permission issues and it's fine now.

As I said in the first post, dictation works. I checked permissions with disk utility, and there is no permission problem.

edit.: I just checked, If I go away from the computer, and just leave it for hours (without sleep mode), the errors not appearing in the console. It's only appear when I actually using the computer.

Looking a bit further at the logs, looks like I'm still getting the error too, with working dictation, but it isn't consistent. It will do it every 10 mins when it's happening, but appears to start and stop at random. Will need some more time with it to see if I can find a link, one time it started right after screen sharing to my hack from macbook, but other times it seemed to happen out of nowhere. Maybe like you said, only when using the computer. Might try disabling the mic and see if any changes