dddirtmans builds

dddirtman

19 posts in this topic

Like the build problem is that I so easily fly over this section of the forum countless times. For starters, the sabertooth is undoubtedly my favorite x58 board so great choice with that. I'd definitely grab me a new gtx card with the 850 psu as it could easily handle another card. Dunno if it's because of the G5s case structure but boy oh boy... cable management! Looks quite crazy by the IO disks on the left side would be nice to see the cables somehow routed behind it? The bubbly look of the g4 case looks lovely with the glowing  in front.

Overall, solid builds. I def like the G5 build as it's the classic professional go to Mac with quite the powerful guts inside it.

yup i hear u the weak point is the gfx card...

but i don't play games so its enough for me

but the x58 build is very fast indeed

if i do upgrade ill just sli another board(windows)

im not using a tray for the board so wiring under the board is tight

that said i might redo this one with a tray to hide wires

i love the g4 case a bit tight for larger motherboards

thanks for looking...

nice stuff, i'm just about to attempt my own build as well. Just threw a bunch of old quad core socket 775 parts together, and found a good (cheap) gigabyte board thats compatible, and it's working. Just managed to find a FREE dual processor 1.8 G5 case and gutted it. Also ordered the mountainmod tray (2x80mm fans), gutted the OEM PSU to install an old 450watt ATX PSU into it.. interesting project when the kids are asleep =)

keep us posted!

yup i hear u the weak point is the gfx card...

but i don't play games so its enough for me

but the x58 build is very fast indeed

if i do upgrade ill just sli another board(windows)

im not using a tray for the board so wiring under the board is tight

that said i might redo this one with a tray to hide wires

i love the g4 case a bit tight for larger motherboards

thanks for looking...

That's what I was thinking, maybe a 2nd thin sheet of aluminum to the left of the mobo just to route the wires under, you could stencil it, decal it, paint it, or just have it blend in as bare aluminum, and turn the HD's 180deg so the plug in the back. If you can pick up a couple sata backplanes and some rt angle sata cables, you could have a true hot swap style HD bay there and would totally throw a heap of icing allover that cake

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just put a gtx 650 card in my i3 build.(osx10.8.2)

only removed AppleTymcedriver.kext(white screen issue?)then set graphicsenabler=no

installed cuda(5)drivers from nvidia site

result-faster graphics for osx and windows 7

i purchased the card for 104usd

a kepler card on the cheap.... :wink2:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

haven't posted in some time…put mavericks(10.9) on my h55 build no issues just touch applehda

my x58 system is another story won't boot usb installer…in fact i had to use a "distro"to get system up at all..?

but at least its 10.8.5 for now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i decided to delve into the clover thing,so i installed on my h55 build,seems to boot faster?

works nice on my h55 build basically i put audio lan fakeSMC  kexts in my efi/clover/kexts/10.9/folder put my dsdt in clover/acpi

and clover takes over(no pun intended)..