[Solved]not work QE / CI on Mountain Lion GM with the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB

18 posts in this topic

Hello does not work QE / CI on Mountain Lion GM with the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB, with asus motherboard;

I tried nvenabler.kexts, natit.kexts, dsdt injection, efi string on org.chameleon.Boot.plist and GraphicsEnabler=YES, nothing worked, also add the id to NVDANV50Hal.kext nothing works no QE / CI

Nvcap: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

ID: 0x06e4

Help please and THANK YOU

Remove all other Nvxx drivers before installing.I have same problem and i have 8600GT.I removed all enablers and inject from extra/extensions and i removed all nvxx kext in system extensions.Then installed latest CUDA and it worked for me.You should try in -v -f mode.Make sure you get this NV50hal.kext loaded and registered.

Of course not.

Your advice makes no sense. CUDA drivers don't do anything unless you're running apps that make use of CUDA.

Actually i attempted to install many NV kexts nothing works but after installing CUDA it works so i suggested that. May be i am wrong and missed the main part.

Gringo Vermelho is right, out to investigate

Hi,

Yes i have reinstalled again using Myhack 3.1 with boot -v -f npci=0x2000 the card works out of the box.No need of CUDA.

Thanks

People already solved the problem by a user who helped us, one must place the "NVDANV50Hal.kext" of DP4 verify who is registered and loaded, then use the "NVENABLER.kext" with EFI strings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and GraphicsEnabled = yes and it works perfectly if you have a kernel panic, put your device id in your "NVDAResman.kext" Thanks to all ...