Conroe Desktop Mac

newtrax

Conroe Desktop Mac  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Full 1066FSB Intel Core2Duo Conroe with PCIe slots

• I want one too!
    • I am happy with the curent Apple line up

7 posts in this topic

I want a Conroe Desktop Mac (not a Merom MacBook/MacBook Pro, or a Xeon MacPro)

Is there any likelyhood of a Standard 'Mac' with a Core2Duo 1066FSB Conroe & PCIe slots being released by Spring 07 ?

It just seems like a gap in their product range, and their naming convention leaves the possibility of a non-pro desktop open too.

MacMini - too slow

iMac - got my own screens, and if I want laptop parts - I'll get a laptop.

MacBook - need more power and upgradability

MacBook Pro - great, if I wanted a laptop

Mac - WOULD BE PERFECT GOLDILOCKS Mac for me

Mac Pro - too workstation with dual cpu and FBDIMM

Anyone else agree??

i think what middle range Mac is a very good idea,

size like G4 Cube, silent like mac mini and with upgradable HDD, Video, etc... it will be great.

i like iMac at all, but i really wish to have separate computer and monitor.

Yup, a new cube would be my choice too, with at least x1600 video or nvida .

A little bigger mini woul also be nice... just 1 cm higher woud be enough?

Well if i't be laptop parts for proc and mem i'ts all right with me, i just miss the accellerated video (dual dvi?) & decent speed/size harddisk on the mini.

I'm glad to see others agree with my view. :P

From what I understand the 'Core2Duo Merom' chips being used in the iMac & Laptops are absolutely identical to the 'Core2Duo Conroe' desktop chips, but they run at a lower Front Side Bus FSB speed 667MHz, to make them cooler. Obviously this impacts their performance potential, so ideally I'd like 1066MHz FSB Conroe Mac.

Also being able to slot in multiple graphics cards and/or audio interfaces without having to go to full Mac Pro that is too large, and has Dual CPUs, FBDIMMs, & Multiple Hard Drive Bays which I don't need.

My question is - will Apple release this mid-range Mac by Spring '07 in time for OSX 10.5 Leopard ? (or ever???)

I would buy one as well.

Not sure if it will ever be made, but the extensions to the cube patent filings, and a Core2Duo Conroe with 1066 fsb, seems to cry out for a box that is smaller then the Mac Pro, with PCIe/MXM graphics, 3.5" sata hard drive, and regular DDR2 800/667 memory.

Something like this:

post-19987-1158776315_thumb.jpg