1 post in this topic

Hey guys!

I have an HP DM3-1030US (Specs right here:http://h10025.www1.h...=reg_R1002_USEN)

So I was wondering, can we get dual boot of windows and mac (hey, why not a triple boot including linux :thumbsup_anim: ) on this?

I haven't seen any think about it on this, and I haven't seen anything for dm3's. Can anyone help me out?

[FYI: It is 64bit and AMD (sigh, oh AMD, how I wish you were Intel... :mellow: ) .]

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stuckinstandby
      Hello

My wife's early 2009 Snow Leopard iMac has started failing to boot properly and I'm looking for some troubleshooting tips.

Booting from cold, it gets past the logon screen and starts loading the desktop. It's quite slow at this point, but does load all the (hundreds of!) icons on the desktop. It also tries to re-open Firefox which had a lot of tabs open. Initially it would load a Firefox window but not complete loading the internals. On one boot I think I managed to close Firefox and now it still tries to load but just displays "Firefox" in the title bar with no windows.

I can initially access a few menus, spotlight, Finder, the dock, but any further action results in a beach ball for these, and they can't be accessed again. I was able to navigate Finder to try to launch Terminal but just it just gave me the beach ball.

I've left it like this for about half an hour but it doesn't get any further and I have to force shutdown (long press of power button).

I tried booting to safe mode (holding down S on startup) but the end result was the same.

I've been able to boot to a live ubuntu USB disk and can access files on the hard disk, so I've started a backup. We have a time machine backup but it's not that recent.

I'm hoping it's just a corrupt file, but suspect it's the hard disk starting to fail.

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
    • By johnny28
      Ho installato da tempo High Sierra su un disco SDD separato, mentre su un'altro SSD c'è Windows 10 e su di un al'tro disco Linux-Ubuntu.
      Purtroppo non so come e perché, ma sicuramente per qualcosa che ho fatto, ma che non ricordo, all'avvio del PC, quando premo il tasto F12 per selezionare il sistema operativo da avviare, mi compare ancora OSX, ma Clover putroppo non si avvia (si vede il messaggio Faild to open \EFI\BOOT\grubx64.efi - Not Found  ecc... start_image() returned Not Found).

E' possibile riavviare High-Sierra già installato (partizione APFS), in un qualche modo?
    • By FernandoCoverdale
      Buenas!
      recuerdo que cuando empece a instalar el clover para hacer mi hackintosh el boot de clover tenia una cuenta atrás en la que pasado “no se si eran 5 o 6 segundos”se iniciaba la opcion de arranque de high sierra del disco duro que es la que se marca por defecto, seguramente habré instalado un theme que me lo deja fijo y no recuerdo como volver activarlo.
      gracias de antemano!!!
      adjunto foto

• By chanxddd
      Good afternoon. I would like to ask about my iron. 
      Will Mac OS X go to it? amd athlon(tm) ii x2 245 Nvidia GeForce GT 630  
      If so, can you give a link to the iso file?
      Thx ♥
    • By Frywyn10
      Hello, i installed Os X El Capitan on this pc : Dell Optiplex 3020, I3 4130, 6Gb RAM and a GT 220. Everything installed without problem (just usb injection needed). But now i want to update to sierra and/or high sierra . I downloaded the installer for both of them (5Gb each) on my hackintosh and tried to install the Os but when rebooting the boot loader don’t propose to boot onto install disk. El Capitan come from my old iMac (genuine system) and it can’t be update to newer Os. I would like to know if anybody have a solution to upgrade from El Capitan to a newer version of the Apple system. Thanks