Kernel Panic on boot at 10.7.4 Lion

V.i.k.t.o.r

52 posts in this topic

The learning never stops, don't matter who you are. neither does my need to tinker, if everything works I'll manage to find something that I think could work better :) Usually as soon as there is not a single thing that could possibly be improved, a osx update comes out and it starts over :)

The learning never stops, don't matter who you are. neither does my need to tinker, if everything works I'll manage to find something that I think could work better :) Usually as soon as there is not a single thing that could possibly be improved, a osx update comes out and it starts over :)

You are absolutelly right :) Though when i have a working system i trymto stop myself not to {censored} it up

i finished the carbon copy thing i did a secondary clone on an ext usb hard drive will try 10.7.4 combo updateon it and before restart install those kexts FAkesmc and nullcpupowermanagement lets see

Well I got very usefull help from HUSABER over TeamView, He really helped me a lot sacrificing his free time.

We (He) tried making from sratch a new usb pendrive installer with 10.7.4 using those mentioned kexts (FakeSMC, etc) and also tryin to update a working 10.7.3 installation with combo update to 10.7.4 and same kext using methods...

Unfortunatelly I am still facing the very same kernel panics.

So I dont know where to go from this point...

Thanks,

Here try swapping these. Included files are AppleACPIPlatform.kext v 1.3.5 and IOPCIFamily.kext v 2.6

I got more info about the running 10.7.3 I am actually using. Originally its an iAtkos L2 Base Install being combo updated to 10.7.3 with no problems at all. I only had to use kexts for audio (voodoo) and Wifi thats all.

This 10.7.3 runs in 32bit mode both System Profiler and kernel_task reports NO 64bit modes.

I don't know if it helps or not..

I will try those kexts you sent me

Would It be a good idea to go what HUSABER suggested and try to build a Clean Install based on 10.7 GM Lion as close as possible I can (No iAtkos No patched distros)??? Maybe that could be a way around.

iMac Viktor 10.7.3 iAtkos L2 Original.rtf

post-407039-0-22315100-1340691691_thumb.png

iMac Viktor 10.7.3 iAtkos L2 Original.rtf-here you see working App on 64bit mode,if you enable 64bit -Realtek never work-have 32bit support

Replace posted kext fom eep357 inside S/L/E in USB stik with 10.7.4 and try to boot again.

Just wondering how you got on with the system booting problem :) As a side note - managed to make two live boot usb thumb drives (each 32 gb in size) one with a bootable live system and install of snow leopard (10.6.3 --> 10.6.8 via 10.6.8 combo update) and the other with a bootable live system and install of lion (10.7 --> 10.7.4 via combo update) took me two days to set up, but, they update successfully from apple system update and are working brilliantly :) nice to be able to have complete system on each usb key - if only there was a way to speed up the access time on them to SSD speed

Just wondering how you got on with the system booting problem :) As a side note - managed to make two live boot usb thumb drives (each 32 gb in size) one with a bootable live system and install of snow leopard (10.6.3 --> 10.6.8 via 10.6.8 combo update) and the other with a bootable live system and install of lion (10.7 --> 10.7.4 via combo update) took me two days to set up, but, they update successfully from apple system update and are working brilliantly :) nice to be able to have complete system on each usb key - if only there was a way to speed up the access time on them to SSD speed

I think i will go back to scratch...I mean this 10.7.3 is based on iAtkos L2 distro

I should find out which are those kexts which making my cpu and all those not to KP and use those kexts and my 10.7.4 Lion Installer to make it a Clean as Mac as I can

now after messing up with kexts taken from iatkos 10.7.3 to the usb installer i have prepared now i end up sometimes with KP like before and sometimes (after other changes) with still waiting for root device error

So somewhere between there has to be the solution I hope so

By the time i figure out to make 10.7.4 running on my system 10.8 will be officially out ( with those functions i would love to use by the way)

I have a lot to learn a loot

So I am still in experimenting phase withnevery little we get closer to the solution i hope so ;)

Ps: I would go for SSD also way soo fast

I dont know if its considered a progress or not in my case, but at least i hope it gives better understanding how to solve the situation if its possible i have with 10.7.4 Combo Update and its KP.Here is what I did.1., I went back to scratch and followed this guide http://www.themacmob...-lion-usb-drive making a usb booting installer using 10.7 GM , the Chameleon bootloader mentioned in the tutorial on the website, and those 3 zip files as it was said everything step by step.2., No Additional Kexts or Modifications were used others than mentioned in point 1.,3., I did not expected but the usb pendrive booted with only using -v as boot flag all the way up to the installation and actually i did installed it to my external usb hard drive with no issues at all.4., After installer finished and restarted i tried to boot into the fresh 10.7 GM install with the help of latest Chameleon bootloader (which boots my iAtkos 10.7.3 OS)5., with -v it loads the kext cache phase and quickly restarts itself, same with -x and even with cpus=1 , with whatever i tried....6., the screenshot i post here is the last lines after it goes black and restarts (thanks to ipad videomrecording to grab that moment)Does it help to solve the case and/or build a Clean 10.7 from the ground up and probably update that to 10.7.4 (and not the iAtkos 10.7.3) whichever is easier???I hope I was usefull,

post-407039-13407283121674_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great to see! Retail and making your own USB installer is always best option as I mentioned before. With disastros or other installer tools, failure is far too common, and knowing why it failed is far more difficult, but to many the task of creating your own seems like too much work, so instead of 15min making their own good installer, use uniblast or something and make one in 5 min, then spend many hours trying to make it actually work.. Also since you don't know what it's putting on your system, come software update time, won't know what is needed to fix any problems. On the contrary you'll notice that the majority of users who make their own installers, have 2 or 3 files they reinstall after every update and everything works again. After making a couple USB installers yourself, it gets really quick and easy to do, I do recommend that any files being copied to the installer after image restore, be done via command line as root user, also much easier than some assume as Terminal supports drag and drop for file and folder locations as well as autocomplete by using tab key

Great to see! Retail and making your own USB installer is always best option as I mentioned before. With disastros or other installer tools, failure is far too common, and knowing why it failed is far more difficult, but to many the task of creating your own seems like too much work, so instead of 15min making their own good installer, use uniblast or something and make one in 5 min, then spend many hours trying to make it actually work.. Also since you don't know what it's putting on your system, come software update time, won't know what is needed to fix any problems. On the contrary you'll notice that the majority of users who make their own installers, have 2 or 3 files they reinstall after every update and everything works again. After making a couple USB installers yourself, it gets really quick and easy to do, I do recommend that any files being copied to the installer after image restore, be done via command line as root user, also much easier than some assume as Terminal supports drag and drop for file and folder locations as well as autocomplete by using tab key
Yes i feel proud and happy free from iAtkos chains ?Now im stucked on IOCatalog reset and DSMOS arrived message on the clean 10.7.1 GMi already deleted kexts of AppleIntelHDA s but It didnt helpI came until thos stage installing these additional kexts: FakeSMC,NulCPUPowerManagement,IOPCI, AppleACPI kextsSo Im about to find something for IOcatalog reset problemBut its getting into a good direction and hopefully with a base system like this retail 10.7 i will work out my way to 10.7.4 finally ?I will sort somehow out I guess

Put back all kext from dmg /Apple ACPi,IOPCI.....i dont know your new kext in to USB.....Put original again back.

dont touch FakeSMC and NullCPU

and :thumbsup_anim: test

Put back all kext from dmg /Apple ACPi,IOPCI.....i dont know your new kext in to USB.....Put original again back.

Ok, i put back those kexts from 10.7 GM without touching FakeSMC or NullCpu Power

thanks,

Putting back those new Kexts make me stuck at

PCI Configuration begin

Now here no Error,maybe need wait litlle bit this screen

• Like 1