AppleHDA for Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H [VIA VT2020/VT2021]

lazybon3

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is a fixed Version of AppleHDA.kext for Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H with Mac OS 10.7.4,

maybe it works for some other Mainboards with VIA VT2020/VT2021 too.

It is based on the work of VCH888, so all credits go to him, and of course the people he wants to give credits to.

In the attachement you will find a modified Version of AppleHDA.kext based on AppleHDA.kext from 10.7.4

The file was bin-patched, so you will just need a DSDT-Edit with Layout ID 12, no other Enablers are needed.

Layout12.xml, Platforms.xml and Info.plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext have been modified and AppleHDA has been patched

Verbs for the Inputs/Outputs that do not work have been removed from AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext so they wont show up in System Profiler.

+ The System Profiler will only show the Inputs and Outputs that are actually working (for now)

+ SPDIF-Out works

+ Green Rear works (shown as Internal Speaker) / Green Front works (shown as Headphones)

+ Grey Rear works as Line Out

+ Black Rear works as Line Out

+ Blue Rear works as Line In

+ Connecting Headphones to Green Front mutes Green Rear

- Pink Front works only as Line In (no support for Headset/active Microphones) yet

- Pink Rear does not work (could not get Pink Front and Rear to work at the same time)

- Orange Rear does not work at all (tried everthing, i was unable to find the right path)

NOTE: If you use VoodooHDA.kext remove it before you use AppleHDA.kext, and make sure you have rebooted your Machine before installing AppleHDA.kext.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm trying to build my first hackintosh with this board. I have an i5 3570K ivy bridge proc, 16gb of ram and the default intel 4000 graphics (for now). What install method did you use to get your setup going?

If you have this board can you provide a working DSDT file?

Hello,

As Install method i started making an USB-Boot-Stick with ######.

After the Install is started up the Machine via Bootloader on USB-Stick and installed the Kexts via ######.

Created the DSDT with DSDT-Patcher (GUI) and modified it with DSDT-SE.

After complete Setup updated System with BrigdeHelper 5.0.

Sure i can provide a DSDT-File for the latest BIOS Version of the Board, but i think it would be a better idea to

create/patch you own DSDT-File.

If you haven't bought the Mainboard yet, you should maybe take another Board since the GA-Z77X-UD3H

still has some Problems with Audio (no Mic In with AppleHDA, no SPDIF with VoodooHDA)

and i couldn't get the 4 upper Rear USB-Ports working (VIA VL800) and with the PXHCD.kext i even

needed to disable the VIA Onboard USB 3.0 Ports, else it would end up in a Kernel Panic.

On of the plus sides of the Board is that with BridgeHelper 5.0 i could get sleep to work.

I ll send you a PM with a link to the DSDT, in case that you need it.

bye.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am trying to build a Z77M-D3H with Mountain Lion.

Will this kext work with my build, too?

I am a noob when it comes to DSDT editing. Can you please give more details for this:

"

The file was bin-patched, so you will just need a DSDT-Edit with Layout ID 12, no other Enablers are needed."

What exactly must I do?

Thank you very much for your help.

P.S. I downloaded your kext and it installs fine, but without the DSDT I get no audio device...

@ clickmikes:

I haven't found the time to install 10.8 on my Machine yet, just got it running on my real macs.

At the moment i don't find the time to make a new Version of the VoodooHDA plist file, or to make a new modified Version of AppleHDA.

Since i am on vacation the next week, i will have some time for this, you can expect an answere by the end of next week.

bye

Hi Lazybon3,

Thanks for the patch, I can confirm it works on a Gigabyte H77M-D3H board, with Mountain Lion installed.

I just had to patch the DSDT following instructions from http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=465 to a Layout ID 12 and fix some errors (just google)

I have not tested all input/outputs but at least the stereo out is working.

I have tried VoodooHDA on ML but it always gives a kernel panic, regardless of how I tweak the info.plist file.

EDIT: The Gigabyte board has a VIA VT2021 audio chip.

@All, who just get a KP on 10.8 (with VoodooHDA) :

Solution (maybe) found.

The Version of VoodooHDA that i have postet is 2.7.2. It isn't compatible with 10.8

If you want to solve the Problem by yourself just add/modify the "nodes to patch" and "mixer values"

and IOPCIPrimaryMatch section of VoodooHDA 2.7.3

or wait until next week, then i will have a little more time and upload a new, and maybe tested version.

Bye :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Lazybon3,

Thanks for the patch, I can confirm it works on a Gigabyte H77M-D3H board, with Mountain Lion installed.

I just had to patch the DSDT following instructions from http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=465 to a Layout ID 12 and fix some errors (just google)

I have tried VoodooHDA on ML but it always gives a kernel panic, regardless of how I tweak the info.plist file.

Hi !

I have the same board, can you tell precisely what did you modified in the DSDT ?

I corrected it so I have no warnings, I added the DTGP method and this code to force layoutID 12 :

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						},
						"PinConfigurations",
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

After "Name(.....)" in Device (HDEF)

Is it correct ? Do I have to do something else ?My audio is not detected.

I'm under ML 10.8

EDIT : Ok, I have to boot wit UseKernelCache=No to make it work, I installed it with ######, Kext Utility or Kext Wizard, same result. I would have been happy with it if I just had to change this flag but my wifi will not work wit UseKernelCache=No (AR9282.kext).

Thanks,

Val'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 8/3/2012 at 8:19 AM, ksat90 said:

Hi Lazybon3,

On 8/3/2012 at 8:19 AM, ksat90 said:

Hi Lazybon3,