Is Hackintosh scene nearing its end , judging from the new MBP?

57 posts in this topic

It would be nice if you figure out a way

I was not able to find the source of the issue, so I just restored from Time Machine backup and it solved the issue for me (Had no time to mess around, exams are nearing !). But apparently even Mac Users are facing this issue, so google revealed some tricks. I am compiling it down here.

Serial number could be the issue.

I think the issue is not with the serial number , but with the Imagent process and the network preferences as I am able to access other services like iCloud, App store and Facetime.

These are the fix's available to original Mac users, should work for Hackintosh too.

Solution 1 :

Check that your hosts file (/etc/host) is not blocking some important communication with Messages or game center.

Open hosts file in TextMate and commented out everything that was not default, saved it, restarted Messages and GameCenter, then logged in.

After logging in , uncomment the comments in my hosts file, save it, and check everything.

Solution 2 :

Quit imagent process from Activity Monitor and try logging into iMessage again.

Solution 3 :

a. Go to Keychain Access

b. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA – This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)

There are some references where you need to set/add your DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Then check logging into iMessages again.

Solution 4 :

Just click on the “Time” in the top bar of the computer and choose “Open Date & Time Preferences”.

Then enable “Set date and time automatically” and check the iMessages again.

The official Apple resolution for the above issue is found here - http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

If any of the above solution works for you, let me know.

The issue is not with messages at all. I was able to add my yahoo and my old AIM account to it with no issues. Perhaps the Apple servers are not configured to accept messages from the newest version in the Beta?

As have been reported, imessage server has been down now and then recently.

Apple may take certain measures to solve this problem.

I was not able to find the source of the issue, so I just restored from Time Machine backup and it solved the issue for me (Had no time to mess around, exams are nearing !). But apparently even Mac Users are facing this issue, so google revealed some tricks. I am compiling it down here.

I think the issue is not with the serial number , but with the Imagent process and the network preferences as I am able to access other services like iCloud, App store and Facetime.

These are the fix's available to original Mac users, should work for Hackintosh too.

Solution 1 :

Check that your hosts file (/etc/host) is not blocking some important communication with Messages or game center.

Open hosts file in TextMate and commented out everything that was not default, saved it, restarted Messages and GameCenter, then logged in.

After logging in , uncomment the comments in my hosts file, save it, and check everything.

Solution 2 :

Quit imagent process from Activity Monitor and try logging into iMessage again.

Solution 3 :

a. Go to Keychain Access

b. There will be a certificate issued by Apple iPhone Device CA – This certificate was signed by an unknown authority. Delete this certificate (or move it to the desktop, out of the keychain access store)

There are some references where you need to set/add your DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Then check logging into iMessages again.

Solution 4 :

Just click on the “Time” in the top bar of the computer and choose “Open Date & Time Preferences”.

Then enable “Set date and time automatically” and check the iMessages again.

The official Apple resolution for the above issue is found here - http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

If any of the above solution works for you, let me know.

I've seen that topic in Apple's discussion forum. I tried every method but it's still in vain :(

• 2 weeks later...
You'll get a Mac Book and install Windows on that ? :wallbash:

Yup. Dual boot. All the kids are doing it. I did it for a couple of friends of mine and they love it. No reason to have a this vs this discussion anymore. Just install everything. Why choose?

Using a Snow Leopard distro (or whatever you can get your hands on) as base so that you can buy Lion from the App Store and then install it is not hurting anyone.

Personally I agree. If you use whatever method you can to install Snow Leopard or Lion, aiming at buying Lion, you can't be that wrong. Everything can be done in a few hours. Nobody would take you to court for that.

Lol. I like what is being insinuated here. Actually it isn't being insinuated. It's just being out right said.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Chameleon solves the issue.

I already noticed that :D

Thanks for notifying me anyway. But still the call Apple issue. For I don't own an idevice, i can not make it out so far :(