Help, I may of ruined my computer!

kanedesigns

5 posts in this topic

This is my first time posting on here and I need some help. After installing snow leopard I asked me to restart so I clicked restart and waited for the boot up screen. When the gigabyte logo appeared I pushed the eject button on my disc drive however nothing happened... I then restarted and manually opened the disc drive with a pin and inserted the ###### disc, however the disc does not even spin up. Every attempt at starting the computer just stays at the, 'Loading operating system...' I have no idea what to do :S I tryed reinstalling windows however my drive will not even spin up so that was impossible.

Thanks you so much it worked :) However I now have another problem... I have ASUS GTX 570, I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. System profilers detects that its a GTX 570 however I cant increase my resolution and I also get a kernal panic after about 10 mins :S Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

GTX 5xx series are not supported on Snow Leopard, even with the Quadro 4000 drivers from Nvidia.

You need at least Lion for 5xx cards. Until then, use GraphicsEnabler=n to avoid kernel panics.

The information you see in System Profiler is put there by Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler, but of course that doesn't help you when there is no driver support.

Discussion of tonymac tools is not allowed on InsanelyMac, hence the ##### - please go to their website for support.

• Like 1