Toshiba Laptop Success Stories?

PolishOX

95 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all! I have Toshiba Satellite A100-003 and KALYWAY 10.5.1.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 2.16 GHz

RAM: 2 Gb 533 MHz

HDD:160 Gb Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00

DVD-RW: MAT{censored}ADVD-RAM UJ-850S

Sound: Intel HDA Sound WORKING PERFECT!!! (just some magic and it will be work :)

Ethernet: Intel PRO VE 10/100 WORKING PERFECT!! (just some magic and it will be work :)

WiFi intel wifi 3945 is not working yet but i'll hope!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to share my experience (and ask a few questions too) with my install in Toshiba Satellite A135:

Specs:

Processor: Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo, 1733 MHz

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family (224 MB)

3D Accelerator: Intel GMA 950

Multimedia: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

• Installed using Kalyway 10.5.2, video (with qe/ci support) and audio working. 2 cores are recognized and working.
  • I'm not expecting to make use of my integrated wifi (Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG), will just use my Linksys WPC54G pcmcia wireless card)
  • Problem area: USB (drive not mounting), PCMCIA not working

• Updated first to 10.5.3 using Kalyway Combo Update. Installed the update package without restarting, then installed kernel package (without selecting any kernel). Reboot.
    • Encountered being stucked in blue screen. I initially thought that it failed to boot but further research showed that it's actually a display problem.(AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer issue) The update caused the system to use the secondary display (vga out) as its primary display.
    • Solution: Plugged my desktop lcd to vga out to manage my laptop. Copied and installed GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg from kalyway 10.5.2 install disk. Reboot. Solved

[*]USB not mounting issue: I found a very good discussion (and solution) to this issue here: Installed the file I got from there. Reboot. Solved

[*]PCMCIA: Got it from here (Chun-Nan's drivers)

[*]With all the basics (audio, video, network) covered, I continued to update to 10.5.4 using software update.

• Encountered the 'reboot-loop' issue after the update. I need to boot with 'cpus=1' to for it to work.
    • Modified com.boot.apple.plist and added cpus=1 to temporarily fix the problem

I'm experiencing significant performance issue with using just one core. For one, spotlight response is very slow. I'm still searching for a solution but unsuccessful up to now. Any suggestions? Thanks

Just want to share my experience (and ask a few questions too) with my install in Toshiba Satellite A135:

Specs:

Processor: Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo, 1733 MHz

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family (224 MB)

3D Accelerator: Intel GMA 950

Multimedia: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

• Installed using Kalyway 10.5.2, video (with qe/ci support) and audio working. 2 cores are recognized and working.
  • I'm not expecting to make use of my integrated wifi (Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG), will just use my Linksys WPC54G pcmcia wireless card)
  • Problem area: USB (drive not mounting), PCMCIA not working

• Updated first to 10.5.3 using Kalyway Combo Update. Installed the update package without restarting, then installed kernel package (without selecting any kernel). Reboot.
    • Encountered being stucked in blue screen. I initially thought that it failed to boot but further research showed that it's actually a display problem.(AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer issue) The update caused the system to use the secondary display (vga out) as its primary display.
    • Solution: Plugged my desktop lcd to vga out to manage my laptop. Copied and installed GMA950_appleintelintegratedframebuffer.pkg from kalyway 10.5.2 install disk. Reboot. Solved

[*]USB not mounting issue: I found a very good discussion (and solution) to this issue here: Installed the file I got from there. Reboot. Solved

[*]PCMCIA: Got it from here (Chun-Nan's drivers)

[*]With all the basics (audio, video, network) covered, I continued to update to 10.5.4 using software update.

• Encountered the 'reboot-loop' issue after the update. I need to boot with 'cpus=1' to for it to work.
    • Modified com.boot.apple.plist and added cpus=1 to temporarily fix the problem

I'm experiencing significant performance issue with using just one core. For one, spotlight response is very slow. I'm still searching for a solution but unsuccessful up to now. Any suggestions? Thanks

Try booting up using the kabyl kernel thats installed with kalyway. This solved my dual core issue and my rig is similiar to yours. Just F8 at startup and type "kabylkernel". If it works switch out your default kernel.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

running 10.5.2 Iaktos on a sat A200 almost perfectly ^^ no wifi (same issue as you, 950 works perfectly now, no card reader (physical damage) and using a laptop cooling pad, no idea if fans work mine are actually broken >.<)

Guest cavallo

I am running ideneb 1.1 updated to 10.5.5 special package on a d550 intel celeron 2 ghz single cpu, ichx8 chipset, gmx3100 integrated video, 1 gb on a Toshiba Satellite d300.

On customizing section i selected last modbin kernel, no acpi fix, usb fix, 1 cpu, gmx3100 video adapter, remove firewire, no lan, no wireless, apple azalia audio (no audio in), ichx chipset fixed and applications.

Qe/ci immediately enabled and everything goes fine cause i use an ext Hamlet usb2/lan adapter that does not need any additional kext.

It runs on external freecom 2.5 usb2 120 gb disk (fujitsu).

• 1 month later...

for the record i have following running with no probs on LAN, sound, cores, bluetooth, USB, CD/DVD burning etc but only issues are wifi (may change card) and i can't get an external monitor to work right now without corrupting the image, more research will hopefully solve this...

Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 (specs although mine is slightly older vsn)

Apple Aluminium Keyboard & MS Habu Mouse

iDeneb 10.5.5 (most patches such as num cores fix etc already applied in the ISO, selected LAN driver and Azalia sound, oh and correct Intel graphics driver)

Number one tip is to print out your machines spec using a util in Windows and then trawl through these great forums for the info you need, dont forget the safe and single user boot goodness and ensure you have a wealth of recovery/boot cd/dvds :)

Edit: forgot to mention i used the StageXNU kernel, might have been a mistake when i comes to trying to update come to think of it

Hi all

I just installed iAtkos 10.5.4 on my Toshiba Tecra a7-243.

It boots fine though I can't change the screen resolution and Wifi doesn't work.

I'm trying to fix the screen resolution (Ati x1600), though I was wondering if anyone managed to get Wifi running?

Hey, here is my success:

I've got a Toshiba Satellite P105-S6064. Everything works great, except for the intel 3945 wireless card of course. Everything is stock, except for a few minor mods to get my ethernet adapter working, two-finger scrolling working, and the dsdt file to get sound output. Other than that, I've got a completely upgradeable working, stable system.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Here goes my history:

At first, I tried to install an distro from JaS 10.5.4 on my laptop (the same that’s in my signature) and nothing worked, no matter what I’ve tried, native or VMware install, always got stuck on “still waiting for root device”

So I ran at my desktop (the same that’s in my signature) and voilà, worked just “out-the-box”! I’ve only had to make a little fix to de sound (Azalia kext) and everything works fine till now.

But I don’t gave up to install on de notebook. I had downloaded iATKOS, iDeneb, Leo4all, even an UpHuck 10.4.9, till I make my way with Kalyway 10.5.2 and, till now, everythings worked as a charm!!!

A little summary:

Wireless: works out-the-box

Network: works out-the-box

Sound: works out-the-box

Touchpad: works out-the-box, but no scroll

Video: stuck at 1280x768 and nothing fixes it (katana, calisto, etc.)

So, pals, hope I can help in someway, if necessary

and if somebody knows how to make the touchpad scroll works, please, point me in the right directio

Best regards,

Touchpad scroll works perfect for me using the 2-finger scrolling guide located here on the forums. I'd post the link but right now insanelymac is running really slow and I can't search. It's easy to find though. I just followed the guide and it works perfect for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm owner of a satellite L30-105 (PSL33E) with some HW replacement from the original.

I'm running a stable 10.5.8 release. I had installed a Kalyway 10.5.2 and after I've used a iDeneb 10.5.8 Combo update.

My HW is:

- CPU intel core duo T2060 1,6Ghz 1mbL2 533MhzFSB

- Ram 2Gb Kingston 667mhz (originaly there was 2x512 modules)

- HD Samsung sata 250Gb

- Video ATI Xpress 200M (5a62 hwID) (working whit callisto driver but recognized like 16mb and without QE/CI)

- ATI hd audio device (working but no headphone sound)

- Intel 2200bg wifi card (working with iwi2200.kext only on unsecured network - no WPE/WPA)

The system is very stable now.

I've read about a Camphor project related to a intel 2200bg wifi that have made a driver better than iwi2200 with WEP 128 support. I've tried to download the .kext and installing via kexthelper but I can't get a working wifi.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys I am new on here and really do not know alot about computers, but a friend of mine does. I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 and I was curious if I can put a Mac OS on it and if so how. Thanks

i have the same as you an so far i have a a135-s2276 all working but graphics working on that as i type.

;)

• 2 weeks later...