Performance

Vieux Lyon

11 posts in this topic

Hello:

I've been using 10.4.6 for some days and it worked fine (and very fast) but my RTL8139 ethernet adapter was not detected because there is some dependency version errors in the extensions, so I gave 10.4.3 a try: it was installed correctly and the ethernet adapter was detected. Great!, now I can surf the web...but, the issue is that I see a HUGE performance diffrence between those two versions, 10.4.6 boots and performs much much faster than 10.4.3. The distros I've tried are 8F1111 for 10.4.3 and HOTiSO for 10.4.6 with SSE3 patch applied.

Any way of solving this or it's just that 10.4.6 runs faster?

Thanks for any help :D

Have you try out the networking.kexts from 10.4.3 in your 10.4.6 System...?

All OS Versions are using the 10.4.4 Kernel, so maybe you have to try that out....

Some Functions are working using the 10.4.3 Kexts in the 10.4.6/7 System....

Rene

I have the same ethernet adaptor and I used 10.4.3 also without problems. When you want to install 10.4.6 you can upgrade your existing 10.4.3 instead of doing a fresh install.

I did this and my networking card still works. After that I did the 10.4.7 upgrade.

I used JaS install DVD's.

AntarcticP

OK, I read in another post how to repair permissions, did it, and the Extension complains about some other dependency errors, so, I am just as before starting :s

Any idea how to make this damm thing work with 10.4.5/6/7 ???

Thanks

I have the same ethernet adaptor and I used 10.4.3 also without problems. When you want to install 10.4.6 you can upgrade your existing 10.4.3 instead of doing a fresh install.

I did this and my networking card still works. After that I did the 10.4.7 upgrade.

I used JaS install DVD's.

AntarcticP

That's how to make it work.