gray empty screen while booting to snow leopard

SAMEH209

51 posts in this topic

I Tried The Kexts For DVI-Out That I Mentioned Above

And Guess What....

Its Working !! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Now I Can Boot Without Any Boot Flag :thumbsup_anim:

But...

After 15 Minutes Of Using Mac OS X The System Gave Me A Kernel Panic :wallbash: :wallbash:

what should i do

+the sound is not working

+system profiler reads my gpu as :

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9490

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

:wallbash: :wallbash:

Please give us the KP (take a pic).

You're also not getting QE/CI (3D hardware acceleration). There is still some graphics work to do.

I don't know why you got the kernel panic. Next time, maybe a picture will help.

The graphics patch you applied is not working. It disabled the existing video drivers. That's why it says no kext loaded. You are running on default VESA video with limited resolution and no acceleration. You should still try the patch that PookyMacMan said he would explain.

For sound, try VoodooHDA: http://code.google.c...ooHDA-2.7.3.pkg

ok

if the KP happend again (i hope not)

i will post a pic

and the link for voodooHDA is not working

and thanks to everyone who helped me :)

PookyMacMan, iam waiting for your translation :D

and how can i do the update

because i want the app store :)

+this is my com.apple.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

i tried VoodooHDA 2.7.3.PKG

And After Restart

There Is No Sound

And Every Time I Open VoodooHDA From System Prefrences It Gives Me "Cant Get Registry-Entry Path" "Wrong Channels Number 0..24

Tried 2.7.2 And It Gave Me No Errors,And No Sound :(

I'll stay out of graphics fun, but for your audio, voodoo can be hit or miss and cause kernel panics, better suited for laptops or systems that use a more obscure audio controler i.e. sigmate, via. GB mobo should have a common realtek audio controller like alc892, alc889 etc, what audio chipset do you have? if you know the layout ID that would be great too, but not a biggie. Guessing no DSDT? Might actually be via audio on your board, if so stay with voodoo

@eep357

Unknown at this time, but can we ping you when we get to that stage?

Update: VIA VT2021 codec according to Google

Update 2: According to a posting: The VIA VT2021 uses the Realtec ALC889 codec not a VIA VT2021 codec as it says in the description

I have a "translation" of that other graphics method, but we need to undo the graphics fix you already did. What version of OSX did you install?

ok i can simply delete the ati kexts and return the backups

i have snow leopard 10.6

I'll stay out of graphics fun, but for your audio, voodoo can be hit or miss and cause kernel panics, better suited for laptops or systems that use a more obscure audio controler i.e. sigmate, via. GB mobo should have a common realtek audio controller like alc892, alc889 etc, what audio chipset do you have? if you know the layout ID that would be great too, but not a biggie. Guessing no DSDT? Might actually be via audio on your board, if so stay with voodoo

VIA VT 2021

built in the motherboard

Vendor ID:1106

DevID:0441

ok i can simply delete the ati kexts and return the backups

i have snow leopard 10.6

Hmmm….the graphics fix assumed you had an update newer than 10.6. So, I'm going to change it to something simple:

1. Download and install the Apple 10.6.2 Combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL959

Explanation: that other thread assumes you have installed something like 10.6.6 or 10.6.8. The fix is to go back and install a few kexts from 10.6.2 and to turn on GraphicsEnabler. So, if we install 10.6.2 and GraphicsEnabler is already turned on, it should work.

OK, here goes:

First we insert your device ID into two kexts. Open Terminal, and type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo nano ./ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Enter your password, then scroll with the arrow keys down to IOPCIPrimaryMatch or IOPCIMatch. In between and below IOPCIMatch, delete everything currently in there and type 0x94981002 between the strings, so that part of the plist should look something like:

IOPCIMatch

0x94981002

Then press Control-O to save, press Enter to confirm, and then press Control-X to exit. Now type:

sudo nano ./ATI4600Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Edit that file the same way you did the first one. Now, type:

sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

if you get a blank file, exit (Control-X) and type:

sudo nano /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Look for GraphicsEnabler. Below it, make sure that there is either Yes or y. If GraphicsEnabler is not present, create a new line above Kernel and add the following lines:

GraphicsEnabler

Yes

Now, go back into that thread you linked before and download boot_dvi.zip at the bottom. Go to the root of your hard drive and remove the file named boot. Replace that file with the contents of boot_dvi.zip. You should get DVI-out working. :)

OK, of course you had to have THAT audio chip:) Voodoo is the only way, but try an older voodoo version, especially while your using an older version of Snow Leopard, maybe 2.7.1 or 2.61 or 2.62. Sometimes older is better. You mentioned wanting App Store, will need to get to 10.6.6 for App Store access. Backup your extensions folder b4 any updates. Also a nice Spanish gentleman posted this last night on another site, for G41MT-S2 V1.3. The ethernet and wifi kexts are for 10.7 and 10.8 so may not work in 10.6, but the DSDT should even though it's not a "P" model like yours. Change boot.plist to suit your own needs and feel free to remove "Log in to Lion" theme.

And b4 installing any voodoo audio, be sure to remove AppleHDA.kext from extensions and any HDAEnabler kexts you may have installed along with any prior voodoo audio kexts and pref panes. Use Kext wizard to repair permissions and rebuild caches after installing but prior to rebooting.

Extra Folder.zip

OK, here goes:

Enter your password, then scroll with the arrow keys down to <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> or <key>IOPCIMatch</key>. In between <string> and </string> below IOPCIMatch, delete everything currently in there and type 0x94981002 between the strings, so that part of the plist should look something like:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x94981002</string>

Then press Control-O to save, press Enter to confirm, and then press Control-X to exit. Now type:

Look for <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>. Below it, make sure that there is either <string>Yes</string> or <string>y</string>. If GraphicsEnabler is not present, create a new line above <key>Kernel</key> and add the following lines:

<string>Yes</string>

Now, go back into that thread you linked before and download boot_dvi.zip at the bottom. Go to the root of your hard drive and remove the file named boot. Replace that file with the contents of boot_dvi.zip. You should get DVI-out working. :)

Thank You

But...

In The Red Text

You Say Press CTRL+O To Save

But When I Press CTRL+O It Gives Me The "Open" Window

+Iam Using VGA-Out Not DVI-OUT

Thank You

But...

In The Red Text

You Say Press CTRL+O To Save

But When I Press CTRL+O It Gives Me The "Open" Window

+Iam Using VGA-Out Not DVI-OUT

It Worked With ALT+O

Iam Doing The Other Steps Now :)

OK, here goes:

Enter your password, then scroll with the arrow keys down to <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> or <key>IOPCIMatch</key>. In between <string> and </string> below IOPCIMatch, delete everything currently in there and type 0x94981002 between the strings, so that part of the plist should look something like:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x94981002</string>

Look for <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>. Below it, make sure that there is either <string>Yes</string> or <string>y</string>. If GraphicsEnabler is not present, create a new line above <key>Kernel</key> and add the following lines:

<string>Yes</string>

I Did It All But I Downloaded boot_Vga.zip Because Iam Using VGA-OUT And It Didnt Work :(

This Is What I Got From System Profiler

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9490

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

OK, of course you had to have THAT audio chip:) Voodoo is the only way, but try an older voodoo version, especially while your using an older version of Snow Leopard, maybe 2.7.1 or 2.61 or 2.62. Sometimes older is better. You mentioned wanting App Store, will need to get to 10.6.6 for App Store access. Backup your extensions folder b4 any updates. Also a nice Spanish gentleman posted this last night on another site, for G41MT-S2 V1.3. The ethernet and wifi kexts are for 10.7 and 10.8 so may not work in 10.6, but the DSDT should even though it's not a "P" model like yours. Change boot.plist to suit your own needs and feel free to remove "Log in to Lion" theme.

And b4 installing any voodoo audio, be sure to remove AppleHDA.kext from extensions and any HDAEnabler kexts you may have installed along with any prior voodoo audio kexts and pref panes. Use Kext wizard to repair permissions and rebuild caches after installing but prior to rebooting.

So...

What Can I Do With This Extra Folder ??

When you update to 10.6.8, boot with

npci=0x2000

so that you (hopefully) won't have any issues.

Very basic description:

/Extra folder goes in the root of osx, you should already have one. This is the folder where your special hackintosh stuff goes that chameleon will load when you boot, typically includes smbios.plist(used to spoof a real mac model and serial #), org.chameleon.Boot.plist(contains boot arguments and kernel flags such as GraphicsEnabler=Yes, so you don't have to type them manually at each boot), Extensions folder(used in pre-Lion hackintosh to load various non-apple kexts from safe location where they won't be overwritten during software updates. Some kexts will ONLY load properly from this location ), Themes folder if you want to customize your boot menu and stuff, store and load custom GPU ROMs if needed, and.....DSDT.aml, an edited version of your bios's ACPI tables, if properly edited it will allow the use of many native apple hardware drivers on your non-apple hardware, some hardware will only work properly if you have a DSDT file, some may just work better, or without using modified/patched kexts, which makes software updates much easier since you have less stuff to fix after each update. I also included some other kexts for networking, but don't worry about them now since your running 10.6, save them for later if you ever go to Lion. You may want to try the DSDT file out though. Your would only need to move it to your own /Extra folder. It does not go into any other sub folders once in the Extra folder. You can drag and drop it in, but may need to enter admin password to authenticate. If it helps things run more Macish, great, if it causes any problems then remove it. Since I have different hardware I cannot personally vouch for the effectiveness of any of those items, but hope they will prove useful to you, if not now, maybe a bit further down the road.

Successfully installed 10.6.8 update

now every single piece of my hardware is 100% working!

without changing any single piece of kext :)

Sound Works,Ethernet Works,GPU WORKS (Finally) :) :)

Thank You Very Very Much

For Everyone Who Helped Me :)

Without You I Wouldn't have my mac running at all :D

Thank You :)

It's actually fairly simple. Go ahead and download Lion from the App Store and I'll give you instructions to prepare an installer when you're done. :)