Mini-ITX to OSx86 for iPhone Developing

10 posts in this topic

i am looking to buy Mini-ITX motherboard for iPhone Development..

i did a search on the WIKI but none of them are Mini-ITX boards

i am looking for Atom CPU

the chipsets are kinda different between the boards so i dont know what choose..

it doesnt matter to me what OSX (if u know differnently please tell me) to install on it as long it will support xCode in a well manner loading and emulation time.

Thank you in advnace :)

i am looking to buy Mini-ITX motherboard for iPhone Development..

i did a search on the WIKI but none of them are Mini-ITX boards

i am looking for Atom CPU

the chipsets are kinda different between the boards so i dont know what choose..

it doesnt matter to me what OSX (if u know differnently please tell me) to install on it as long it will support xCode in a well manner loading and emulation time.

Thank you in advnace :)

Hello TDMaster!

Extremely bad idea! If you are planing to start any serious development activities you will have to keep OS X and XCode up to date. As the Atom isn't supported by vanilla kernels you will always need a modified kernel. Also keep in mind that the performance of the Atom CPUs is lousy and price-performance ratio is even worse. The NM10 chipset's integrated graphics isn't supported by OS X (no drivers) and boards with NVIDIA ION are much more expensive.

The best choice for an inexpensive and reliable development system would be a Mac mini, but if you are not willing to pay the extra charge for an original Apple computer get a cheap Sanybridge system, for example a mainboard with H61chipset and a Celeron G530 CPU. This combination offers good performance for a reasonable price and is known to work with Lion.

Regards,

Mausi

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I have two Foxconn mini-itx, one with H61S and the other H67S, and both with i3 2105 ,and gt220 and 8400gs..

good luck

c.frio

and what OSX have u installed on them?

what do u guys think off VMWare from Windows to MAC for Development (i7 computer):?

what do u guys think off VMWare from Windows to MAC for Development (i7 computer):?

For development you need a machine that's 100% compatible with the latest version of Xcode at least if you are planning to publish via iTunes Store and only a real Mac will give you this guarantee.

Regards,

Mausi

Hi...

there are posts about ubuntu and osx (boot through grub orchameleon...) ,but I use two notebooks HDs,on one small cabinet and a 320gb and a external hd with osx on the Lian Li ,as on the picture, and I have 1T NAS Seagate.

c.frio

ps..something to read before sleep...

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides