Office 2007 Beta 2 Tech Refresh

Bartboy919

9 posts in this topic

they say it's mostly updated for computability with RC1. I also updated Office 2007 on the XP system and all is good. Not really much difference with the previous beta other than the new graphics., but I don't use Office suite enough to know if there are major differences in the workflow.

Point of Interest.

After downloading and installing O2007B2TR, on first run of Outlook I was offered an opportunity to download an additional package from MS called "Windows Desktop Search".

And lo and behold isn't it a close replica of Apples "Spotlight"

It places a search bar within the Windows task bar.

Just like "Spotlight" type in a word and it searches your drive for referennce to that word.

Also a little of topic, sorry

The new iTunes 7 adds there own "software update wizard" to Windows that looks and acts just like the one used on the Macs. It gives the non Mac users a similar feel to how things work if they were using a Mac. Smart move.

caffine

Point of Interest.

After downloading and installing O2007B2TR, on first run of Outlook I was offered an opportunity to download an additional package from MS called "Windows Desktop Search".

And lo and behold isn't it a close replica of Apples "Spotlight"

It places a search bar within the Windows task bar.

Just like "Spotlight" type in a word and it searches your drive for referennce to that word.

Also a little of topic, sorry

The new iTunes 7 adds there own "software update wizard" to Windows that looks and acts just like the one used on the Macs. It gives the non Mac users a similar feel to how things work if they were using a Mac. Smart move.

caffine

Desktop search has been around in WinXp forever ;)

Anyone try this out yet? I have an damn that some pretty Eyecandy!

I like the ribbon menus and hope they do the same for office: mac.

post your thoughts

Where did you find the Tech refresh version? I have been running beta 2 for some time, but checked the MSDN website, and didn't see anything about a tech refresh version.