Chameleon booting in CLI mode

Hameer Abbasi

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I used Disk Utility to format a partition (previously Linux Swap) to HFS+, and there's no data on it, yet. Since then, Chameleon (actually, Chimera 1.8) has been booting in CLI mode. I checked with Chameleon wizard, and it says the GUI is set as on. I've manually viewed my org.chameleon.boot.plist, and it had nothing in it about the GUI.

Update: I've tried GUI="Yes" in org.chameleon.boot.plist, it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody. After following your guides, it didn't come to anything, for some weird reason. I have 4 partitions on my HDD: Windows 7 (NTFS), Mac OS X (HFS+), Recovery (HFS+), Hameer (NTFS). The GUI vanished directly after creating the Recovery Partition, which was changed to HFS+ from Linux Swap (I previously had Ubuntu installed). Chimera 1.9.1 is installed on Mac OS X, which contains my /Extra folder, which Chimera should have detected, but it didn't for some weird reason. I've now copied over /Extra to "Recovery", and the GUI loads just fine. My question now is: how do I mantain only one /Extra, instead of two?

sure you aren't booting your recovery volume instead of the one you want to boot?

Might try chameleon instead of chimera, and see if that makes a difference.