iTunes Problems

Numberzz

11 posts in this topic

The first picture, the standard "you need to authorize" dialogue.  The second one is even after i clicked on "open iTunes"(even though i was in itunes) and no dialogue popped up after 5 minutes.  Help please.  I am running leopard on a macbook pro.  Build 9A241e.

Picture_1.png

Picture_2.png

I am having the same problems playing video in itunes 7 as you are. However, my quicktime is 7.2 which is higher than 7.1.3 like itunes requires. I tried downgrading to 7.1.3 and it broke my system and i had to use time machine to recover (which leaves hideous file permissions errors) so how did you get it to work?

I am having the same problems playing video in itunes 7 as you are.  However, my quicktime is 7.2 which is higher than 7.1.3 like itunes requires.  I tried downgrading to 7.1.3 and it broke my system and i had to use time machine to recover (which leaves hideous file permissions errors) so how did you get it to work?

I had the exact same problem, my iMac wouldn't get passed the grey Apple screen with the spinning icon. Except with me, the Restore feature on the Mac OS X Install Disk didn't work at all (no matter how far I went back with my backups, or how many times I tried). Even though I did everything right with Time Machine before my iMac wouldn't boot. I had to "Erase and Reinstall" and manually drag all my files back. It's been this huge week-long saga on getting my iMac back up and running. I'm still having huge issues with getting iPhoto to work at all. I'm pretty pissed. But it's my fault cuz the QT 7.1.3 installer said it wouldn't install, so I used Pacifist to do it. I'll NEVER do anything like this again.

I think it doesn't matter that 7.2 is a higher version number than 7.1.3, QT 7.1.3 is newer and has whatever iTunes needs to play DRM-ed videos.   :(

I still see "QT version 7.2, Player version 7.1.3" after the info.plist edit. (I also edited version.plist)

In the finder window it says QuickTime Player is Version 7.1.3, but iTunes' behavior hasn't changed. And when I open QuickTime, it says the same thing, "QuickTime Version 7.2.0, Player Version 7.1.3"

1. Just a shot in the dark, but first I went here

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/qui...einstaller.html

and it seemed to install and not complain about anything.

2. Then I applied the 7.1.3 update and Voila!

Working videos again!!!!! albeit a little jittery but they are visible.

Apparently only you and I were affected by this anyways as no one else seemed to say boo.

Cheers!

(I might even retry installing on my Macbook Pro again.)