Custom made rear i/o G5

Surferpro

40 posts in this topic

Thunderbolt wouldn't work unless it was simply an integrated female to male connector

If you read the spiel for the windows mobos with thunderbolt, the traces on the board are specially 'curved' as that's part of the specification to keep throughput or something

• 3 weeks later...

fantastic work! agreed that this must have USB 3.0 and IF possible.. thunder port!

I'm in for sure, keep us posted.

This is rediculous. The entire point of having the same ports as the old case goes doesn't comply with having thunderbold ports. You might just as well stick a ATX-backplate in the case.

Getting thunderbolt is completely out of the question..

I would also be interested - I keep swinging back and forth on using the back I/O as is or cutting it.

@hacbookpro The idea is to keep it as orginal as possible while putting new, better stuff in. If the point was to keep it 100% orginal, than you'd just have a PPC G5. Compromises, and sometimes cuts need to be made. Its all a matter of prefrence, skill, time, desire, money, etc.

I was stuck on wanting to use the orginal PSU - after all, its 600 watts and thats more than enough for me, and heck, most of the connectors look the same. But its not the same (25v pins anyone) and its just not gonna work using that old PSU (thanks eelhead for steering me in the right direction). But you can modify a modern ATX PSU to put in the orginal space. Its not orginal, but is serves the purpose of powering your non-orginal motherboard.

I would like one of these becasue then it gives me the option of either way. Right now, I'm looking at cutting, as you stated you did with your LanLi tray with your hackintosh hacbookpro.

Its just my opinion, I could be wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...