Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Wifi gets disconnected randomly, every 2 to 15 minutes

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm running OS X Lion 10.7.3 on a hackintosh. Every thing runs perfectly. I really feel I own a real Mac :)... but I have a wifi problem.

I own a Netgear N300 PCI Wifi card, version WN311B using a Broadcom BCM43xx chip.

I have rebranded this card as an Apple Airport Extreme (0x14E4, 0x87).

It works and is recognized by OS X as an official card... but ... I am experiencing huge wifi instability.

Each time I get disconnected (sometimes every 2 minutes, sometimes 10 or more), Console says :

Mar 4 11:34:29 mac-pro-de-fo kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 4 (Disassociated due to inactivity).

Mar 4 11:34:45 Mac-Pro-de-fo kernel[0]: Auth result for: 00:1f:9f:f3:11:ff Auth timed out

Mar 4 11:34:52 Mac-Pro-de-fo kernel[0]: Auth result for: 00:1f:9f:f3:11:ff MAC AUTH succeeded

Mar 4 11:34:52 Mac-Pro-de-fo kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Up on en1

Mar 4 11:34:53 Mac-Pro-de-fo kernel[0]: AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en1

Any idea of what can cause this and how to fix it ?

This is the last thing I have to fix to have a perfectly reliable Hackintosh. Help really appreciated.

Many thanks

try changing the 87 to 8D or change slot.

what was original pci id ? subvendor too

I'm having the same problem with this card, no matter what IDs I choose the Wifi is terribly unstable and always disconnects after a few minutes. I've tried changing slots already.

The original IDs for this card are:

Subsystem Product ID = 0x7D00

Subsystem Vendor ID  = 0x1385

PCI Product ID       = 0x4329

No matter what, I can't get speeds higher than 130, in Windows it's 270 :(

Third party mode works so much more reliable compared to airport, just no 300...

Hi crew,

I had this problem with my wifi. My PCI WiFi card, (Netgear WN311B) which has an extension aerial, initially it was located near a phone socket and line that runs in side conduit up the wall, since then i have relocated the aerial,,,, and guess what,,,,,No more WiFi drop outs.. Must be radio noise interference