vodoo hda creates earsplitting microphone feedback

Acro_Design

6 posts in this topic

one step forward one step back, i just added voodoo hda, now i have earsplitting feedback coming through my mic and output to my speakers (though im convinced it has made my soundcard work as i have phones pluged in and when i tap my mic i can hear the tapping.

so what i am asking is, who knows how to disable the mic.

i have posted in new users because i am really really rusty at all this

edit/update,

just to mention i am on an acer aspire 5750

my sound now works but its crackling, on main speakers its got a high pitch tone above the audio being played. i think my best bet is the somehow stop the mic working all together.

• 2 weeks later...

sse2 did the trick, but it doesnt load the kext with sset and gain set to 0.

i edited the plist and added the values igain 0, mic 0 and imix 70. this did not fix the issue. i have downgraded to 0.2.56 which solves the issue. however i canot get into the prefernces because i get the error cant map memory.

as many people say install the preference that comes with the kext, but i have because i used a pkg installer to make sure i did it correctly, i cant understand it really.

heres another idea. apple hda works from install but has the same crackle problem, is there anything i can do to the gain or get sse2 mode?

I will give that a try. Would this be for voodoo or apple plist? I am actually having issues with voodoo hda plist. I try sudo -t for root textedit but I can't open lest contents. Unless I could cd into it or something. If I try edit plist on desktop and paste it back into voodoohda.kext the icon changes from plist icon to blank, this in turn brakes my voodoohda preference pane displaying the error "can't map memory" this error is usually asociated with incorrect preference pane for version, scinse it worked before and not now that is not the problem. This error now totally stops voodoohda from working. This must be something to do with edditing as root, but I dont know how to text edit in a kext as root.

Sent on HTC desire