Cannot play youtube video on iAtkos L2 10.7.2

jozefrockz

5 posts in this topic

i just installed iAtkos L2 (10.7.2) on my laptop (Acer 4736z) and it was awesome, display, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, speakers are all working 100% but the problem is i cannot see youtube video (i only hear audio) on either Opera, Firefox, and Safari, I already installed the latest adobe flash player. I guess this has something to do with the flash player since I can play avi,mpg files on quicktime by using 3rd party plugin..

someone help me? :) please see screenshot... thanks

Update: I can play videos from vimeo, facebook, and other flash based players but only youtube cant show the video (only audio)

post-971915-0-11132800-1330258054_thumb.png

i just installed iAtkos L2 (10.7.2) on my laptop (Acer 4736z) and it was awesome, display, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, speakers are all working 100% but the problem is i cannot see youtube video (i only hear audio) on either Opera, Firefox, and Safari, I already installed the latest adobe flash player. I guess this has something to do with the flash player since I can play avi,mpg files on quicktime by using 3rd party plugin..

someone help me? :) please see screenshot... thanks

Update: I can play videos from vimeo, facebook, and other flash based players but only youtube cant show the video (only audio)

I'm having the same problem. Tried in chrome, only a black screen

Finally I've partially resolved the issue, I want ahead reinstalled iatkos L2 (10.7.2) and then updated to 10.7.3, i then went to youtube and found out that I am using the HTML5 version of the page so I enabled it by going to http://www.youtube.com/html5 at the bottom of the page. not sure if this works with your built.

I completely resolved the issue. Disable hardware accelaration in adobe flash player. Open the video in full screen, pause it, right click, "settings" untick hardware accelaration. There is little to no visual impact to unchecking this box.