Updating On AMD

zetaridley

4 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm really excited right now, I just got snow leopard to boot on my amd machine. its 10.6 with no updates at all. I have a few questions though, I installed and updated and the next time I went to boot it wouldn't, and I've just finished a clean second install. I figured out it wouldn't boot before was because I didn't update the legacy kernel before I went to reboot. But there a still a few things that I need to figure out, like how to enable my 5830 vid card. Do you know where I can find the kexts for that? Also, its there a guide for updates? I've read a few and they've all said that you just need to run the legacy kernal package installer before reboot, is it that easy?

I managed an update from 10.6.2 Retail to 10.6.8 Software Update (not so easy). I did it before I read about the 10.8 Legacy Kernel fix, so, the hard drive sat for a while doing nothing.

I installed IOPCI_AppleACPI (evil) kexts from 10.6.7 using my old PPC to move the files to the EXTRAS folder on my OSX86 USB drive.

I'm up and running--but--Quicktime is flaking out on me.

Back to the grind-- Update:Quicktime is working fine now. I used Marvin's AMD Utility--it's all good now.