Crash with Final Cut Studio 5.02 on 10.4.7

obatrabies

15 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have successfully installing Ja'S 10.4.7 (thanks to Ja'S) in my PC without any problem !

But i have problem with Final Cut Studio 5.02. The installation was succesfully but always crash during starting/loading (it didn't happen when i use 10.4.1). The crash also happen with Adobe CS. Can you help me guys???

Motherboard : ASUS P5P800VM

Processor : P4 3Ghz SSE2

Graphic Card :ATI 9250 No QE/CI

HD 250 GB SATA, Memory 1Gb DDR

Thanks in advance !

-obatrabies-

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem using the 10.4.4 version. I installed all the software, including Motion 2 (wich works really great), dvd studio, everything.

But the final cut pro 5 exits right after being lounched.

Yeah, using the UB for Final Cut Pro 5 like these guys said, tells me my camera's not plugged in then upon clicking continue exits.

Was working fine with 10.4.5, is broken after using JaS 10.4.7 update.

Anyone think JaS's 10.4.8 update might rectify this?

I can't believe after getting everything else working the app I use osx86 for stops working! Gah!

Any ideas folks?

-Joel

i have 10.4.6 and final cut pro 5.0, and when i launch it. it just says it quit unexpectedly after the splash screen loads and it starts to load the tools.

then on final cut HD it says it needs a AGP video card? i have a pci-e board :thumbsdown_anim:

any suggestions?

Ok, just reinstalled 10.4.5 and Final Cut still won't work :thumbsdown_anim:

Very odd since it did the last install.. tried the ProKit fix off demonoid but nothing.

I'm updating stuff right now so I'll let you know how that turns out.

Does nobody else have any ideas how to fix this? I'd be suprised.

-Joel

Well, all's updated (except OSX ver) and still nothing.

Weird since I know others have had no problems with similar hardware setups to me, I'm starting to think maybe this version of FCP 5.1 I have is iffy. It's obviously the UB version from Demonoid.

Anyone know how to take a look at the crash log? That'd be a good start.

-Joel

• 2 weeks later...
By chance is there anyone who is using FCP without a problem? If so, what are your specs?

Also, for you other guys having problems with FCP, it'd be helpful to post your specs as well, like xenepp was doing.

Hi Just started testing FCP 5.1. Seems to be fine except: After start up, the monitor and inspector windows are garbled. And double click on the timeline does not open files in inspector. BUT draging files from the bin to the inspector works and playing a file in the timeline does work for the monitor window as well.

Specification: HotIso 10.4.6 to 10.4.7, graphics ASUS EAX 1600 with Badenov Patch, 2 GB RAM, on AMD 3.5+ AM2 ASROCK AM2XLI-eSATA2. Have not done any extensive testing yet. Also quartz extreme is enabled as per the description here .

Best.

• 2 years later...
Delete Qmaster.framework from Library/Frameworks/ , on my hacintosh with 10.4.8 Kiko it makes FC crash at startup. Know Final Cut works prefekt, BUT Compresor don't start

This worked for me I dont use compressor i dont have it installed so i cant say if compressor does not work. im a install righ now and get back to you guys incase someone has same problem.