AtherosController.cpp:962 load failed after combo upgrade (no wi-fi hardware found)

Jappiman

8 posts in this topic

I just updated to 10.7.3 (Build 11D46) and get the following message upon boot:

Jan 23 05:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: start [/sourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros9380/AirPortDriverAtheros9380-430.14.9/src/common/lmac/ath_dev/darwin/AtherosController.cpp:962] load failed

I can't access Wi-fi now (no hardware found).

Anyone got this message and fixed it? (I've seen it's not a specifc message to this version). I also got a kext error message after installation, I think it was related to not being able to load Apple16X50 IIRC (but I think this shouldn't be related to this error message).

i had same issue with the real apple card. in my dell. ended up getting AR5B91 and never had a problem after.

but i read somewhere the airport driver for PCMCIA did this problem. (tries to take over for atheros older cards)

the Apple16X50 is the COM port in bios is enabled.. disable it . same with LPT

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problem. I had to use IO80211Family.kext of 10.7.2. Strange thing is that when I get that message, it breaks bluetooth, firewire and obviously wifi. On console, it also says something about PCI Open Failed. The above-mentioned workaround fixes all of them. I'll try again when I re-download Lion from the App Store.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a same problem..

To solve this problem, Open an info.plist file which is located in the AirportAtheros40.kext > Contents

and delete 2 line

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Network-Root</string>

p.s AirportAtheros40.kext is located in the IO80211Family.kext > Contents > Plugins.

• Like 3