[Guide] Install OSX Lion Dell XPS m1530

Chatlink

32 posts in this topic

Seems to be a problem other M1530 users have too. On boot it freezes on [PCI configuration begin] seems to be an issue with AppleACPIPlatform.kext. reverting to a previous version solves it but you may then have a another hang on "waiting for root device". This can be resolved by rebuilding the caches from a terminal window by using a usb boot drive for example. I havent tried this yet but have been finding out from other sources on Insanelymac. Think i might stick 10.7.3 until i know more about it....... :|

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm doing pretty good, on my way to lion/mountain lion soon, but I wanted to get up to 10.6.8 before I do that, and I've run into a snag. Everything was working great until I did thhe combo update, and then I started getting a kernel panic shortly after boot. I took a picture of it, only because there's so much there to read I'm having a little trouble deciphering what actually caused the kernel panic. it doesn't happen if I boot to safe mode, so that's a good sign. Here's a link to the picture. Once I figure this out, then I can move on to other updates. Also, I figure that some of the smaller things like bluetooth can be worked out after the kernel panic is taken care of.

http://i.imgur.com/VQBHr.jpg

Thanks for whatever help any of you can offer.

Here are my specs:

Dell XPS M1530

Intel Core2Duo Processor, T6400, 2.0, 2MB Core Penryn, 2C, R0

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 8400M GS

Hey all, I'm doing pretty good, on my way to lion/mountain lion soon, but I wanted to get up to 10.6.8 before I do that, and I've run into a snag. Everything was working great until I did thhe combo update, and then I started getting a kernel panic shortly after boot. I took a picture of it, only because there's so much there to read I'm having a little trouble deciphering what actually caused the kernel panic. it doesn't happen if I boot to safe mode, so that's a good sign. Here's a link to the picture. Once I figure this out, then I can move on to other updates. Also, I figure that some of the smaller things like bluetooth can be worked out after the kernel panic is taken care of.

http://i.imgur.com/VQBHr.jpg

Thanks for whatever help any of you can offer.

Voodoohda is causing the kernel to panic. It's the sound driver.

thanks for the analysis. guess that means I need to find a different audio driver.

Scratch that; I just figured it out. When I did the update, it replaced AppleHDA.kext, which I had to remove again. Everything is fine now. :-) Now if I can just get the bluetooth and wireless working, I'll be set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...