XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB GDDR5 low score at Cinebench

Tredvesone

53 posts in this topic

Also have found that adding USBBusFix=Yes to your boot.plist will improve your scores by around 7 fps, and improve in Novabench too. Have confirmed this on a few x58 systems, not sure yet about some other mobo chipsets, so please feel free to test and let me know.

Hi people, thanks a lot for the info here.

Here's my experiences on the subject. I have an XFX HD6870 2GB version, GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo, i7 2600k (non-oc), 8GB RAM (clocked at 1600mhz).

I used to have around 48fps/7pts in Cinebench on OSX 10.7.2, Chimera/###### (don't remember the version), SMBIOS macpro3,1, graphicsenabler=yes. When I checked again the other day I got less than half, 21fps/3pts, no matter what. Not sure at what point I did something that killed the performance but I wanted to fix it. Needed to update to 10.7.4 anyway. With this config AGPM is not running.

First I updated to Chimera1.11 / Multibeast4.6.1. Same results. Then I changed SMBIOS to macpro5,1 (had to delete appletymcedriver.kext in the process to prevent KP). Results back at 47fps/7pts. AGPM running (without editing anything). Happy.

Then I updated OSX to 10.7.4 and the results are back to 21fps/3pts. AGPM still loading though. Not Happy.

Any ideas on this?

NB: Unigine seems to run the same on all these installs...

Edit : installed HWmonitor and my CPU seems stuck at 1600Mhz (x16) so looks like I have some work to do...

Alright, that was easier than expected!

I fixed it with ###### settings: patched appleintelcpupowermanagement & SSDT i7

and in BIOS (F10 firmware): 'realtime CPU control in OS' disabled .

CPU now goes up to 3500Mhz dynamically and Cinebench stats are back to 47fps/6.5pts.

* Edit: it even gets better, now getting 51.89fps/6.70pts

Geekbench 32bit = 11866

Luxmark CPU = 450, GPU yields error, seems to be a Luxmark issue from what I read

Oceanwave = 341.4 fps

* Edit#2: toyed some more in BIOS, set CPU multiplier and turbo ratios, installed i7-overclocked SSDT. CPU now boosts up to 4.2GHz. Cinebench: 58.15fps/7.40pts B) (runs damn hot though!)