3 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD
Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.
This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).
Supported cards are:
- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
- sound blaster 512
- sound blaster 256
- other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
- sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
- sound blaster Audigy 2 and audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
- Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
- Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)
NOT supported cards:
- Any ISA Sound card
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5 series
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards
- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate chaning and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards for now are limited up to 176,4 khz and because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for supported cards)
- added boot args to manage the driver:
Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x
- created a script file to use with the driver for debug and also installer replacement, it can be also used to unload and reload, replacement of the driver without rebooting
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,
- have audio inputs working,
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/gameport midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
- download from the downloads section: kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01 - external download: https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script): - download: https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip Source code from Git Hub: - github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions
This driver is a mod of the popular kx audio driver for mac os x, the project goal is to still maintaining it for the future releases of mac os and to include as much cards as possible and to get all the features of the cards to work.
Currently the only features not supported are audio inputs and integrated midi and synth capabilitues of the cards, and some minor things like creative remote controllers or software controlled volume gears on creative external drives and bays)
It supports most the sound blaster live! series cards, the sound blaster PCI 512, most of the audigy (emu 10k2 based) series, audigy 1, audigy 2, audigy 2 zs, audigy 4 (SB0610), audigy 4 pro, audigy 5 and audigy rx (sb1550) and some e-mu edsp audio cards with all the recent versions of mac os, tested to work with mac os yosemite, el capitan, sierra and high sierra on intel based machines from socket 775 to 1151 (including enthusiast platforms like x58, x79, x99, x299) and also confirmed to work on mac pros.
Kx audio driver mod [sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]
Hello everyone, I have an Asus gl502vmk (i7 kabylake + GTX 1060 6 gb) laptop and I tried all the patches/kexts to get the brightness with fn keys/touchpad (I2C ELAN 1200 works with VooDoo I2C kext v1.0 but no gestures/preference pane)/Keyboard backlight to work but no success so far, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Battery status now works, thanks to @RehabMan turned out to be incorrect SMBIOS (used iMac instead of Mbp) lol, but it drains crazy fast (~1.5 - 2 hours while on standby (all apps quited!), on windows 10 it lasts 4 - 5 hours, and on linux it lasts 6 ~ 7 hours!)
And with VoodooI2C v2.0.1 + VoodooI2CHID kext and patched DSDT, the touchpad is now detected in the sys pref pane but still no input.
Sound works with VoodooHDA v2.9.1, but the only issue is that the jack sense isn't working (the output device doesn't auto switch to headphone when connected)
[EDIT 2] (11/04/2018)
The system brightness now works thanks to @onejay09 but I have no brightness slider, and there are 4 extra brightness levels (brightness stops increasing after 12 levels) and the brightness keys are not mapped correctly, plus the brightness decreases when I plug in the ac adapter, then increases if I unplug it???, the brightness level isn't also saved after reboot.
battery still drains crazy fast (~1.5 - 2 hours, even with brightness at 50%, so apparently it is a power management issue).
and I also have shutdowns while in sleep mode (I tried darkwake=10 and darkwake-0 and darkwake=no)
P.S. I have uploaded my new report files, thanks!
Latest report files (11/04/2018): https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/AMOpP0AY/file.html
I have an HP Elitebook 8460P running High Sierra 10.13.1
I'm trying to get battery status working and if I'm understanding it right I need to patch my DSDT.aml to get it working.
I have attempted this and can't seem to get it to compile, always an error.
Also i have managed to brick the system a few times attempting edits. I cant seem to figure it out
I need to patch the DSDT to get battery status working even before patching, if attempting a compile with MaciASL I have 2 errors.
Im fairly new to getting Mac running on Intel Based PCs.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached is my DSDT.aml file pulled from: EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml
generated by using clover bootloader help menu, via the F4 option.
I used MaciASL to attempt the edits.
using battery patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Is it possible for someone to patch the file for me, or is it something i have to do?
As i said im fairly new to mac and would like to get this working
Hi people, can someone help to put my HDMI sound working? I already tried different methods and I can't figure a way to fix this problem. And another question, someone knows why the HDMI port just work if i use macbook pro 14,2 on smbios? Because my hardware is much more similar to 14,3.
My system dump