apocalypse-666

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have set-up several hackintosh machines last 2 years and I still don't feel very comfortable on this DSDT subject.

I have a Gigabyte EP45C-DS3R board at home, for which Mald0n helped me to build dsdt.aml. I am now using Lion 10.7.2 (http://www.insanelym...l=&fromsearch=1)

He told me that I had to patch:

-DTGP

-HID/CID

-HPET

-IRQs

-LPC

-SBUS

-SHUTDOWN

-_WAK

-CMOS reset

-Renamed devices

-HDEF/ALC889a + LegacyHda in folder Extra/Extensions

My question is how do we determine which patches we are going to need for different boards?

Then again how do we guess which kexts to use with the resulting DSDT.aml?

I always got help from boars&forum until now and wanted to have some in-depth information.

For example I also bought an EP45C-DS3 rev F5 board, for which I extracted a clean dsdt.dsl using a Windows XP Live CD then applied those patches. This time i am using a Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU and an ATI 5670 but unfortunately experiencing sudden white screens and halts. I have AHCIPortInjector.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in my Extra/Extensions folder.

I am also attaching those files along with my extra folder just in case if somebody can help. Otherwise I am going to start a new subject on that matter.

(I found out that those crashes were because of 5670 graphics card)

EP45C-DS3 untoched DSDT.dsl.zip

DSDT Fixes.zip

Extra.zip

• Like 1

If you get CMOS reset on reboot or after sleep - you need to apply the "RTC" patch, if your LPC.kext doesn't loads - you need the relevant "LPC" patch, same about "HPET" and "SMBUS". "DTDP" is necessary for many other patches like HDEF for example, "LAN0" sets your Ethernet interface to En0, "Mac devices" patch renames devices to Mac names that OSX is familiar with, "SHUTDOWN" fixes shutdown obviously, "_T_x rename" fixes certain type of warning by removing the first "_" value in "_T_x", "Possible operator timeout is ignored" fixes the operator timeout warning, etc...

Hey XLR thank you for your answer, i find it helpful.

But furthermore, I'd like to know if this is only about trial and error or is there a method to know what to apply beforehand??

Can you tell by the chipset that i am going to need RTC, HPET, SMBOS?? Should I examine the dsdt.dsl for this??

Well, DTGP is always needed in most situations. In a case of CMOS resets you definitely need the RTC patch.

If you run "kextstat | grep LPC" in terminal and don't see com.apple.driver.AppleLPC in there, then you need an LPC patch.

To be honest, i have hardly 15% of the knowledge i need in order to diagnose and fix DSDT issues properly. I'm still learning.