OSX weird problem 10.4.7 Jas

paulisthebest3uk

10 posts in this topic

Hi. Ive just aquired the 10.4.7 Jas edition. Now installation went fine, but i have a weird problem.

When i go to ABOUT THIS MAC, in the apple menu, the screen goes black, for about 2 seconds then returns back to the os desktop.

Im running an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, can i just confirm which options in the patches i should have chosen during setup?

This is a bit of an annoyance because i cant get into system profiler, so i can look at my hardware.

I also get this problem :S

But I have the Mac OS X 10.4.7 JaS AMD.Intel version...

I ticked AMD decrypts and Amd base or something at install.

I use a AMD Athlon 64 3200+

And another problem is that Software Updates doesnt work... It just stick around 20% en stays there. Also I can't install via the Os X Installer.

I also get this problem :S

But I have the Mac OS X 10.4.7 JaS AMD.Intel version...

I ticked AMD decrypts and Amd base or something at install.

I use a AMD Athlon 64 3200+

And another problem is that Software Updates doesnt work... It just stick around 20% en stays there. Also I can't install via the Os X Installer.

That's normal for the JaS 10.4.7 release and it's caused by some frameworks that doesn't get patched correctly for amd-systems. The solution is to either use Myzar 10.4.6 instead and upgrade to 10.4.7 with the amd-patched 10.4.7 update (that's what I did after trying all kinds of solutions which didn't work).