InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
arako

Acer 5552G, Snow Leo 10.6.8 - Help Needed

Hi guys!

I successfully installed Snow Leopard on my AMD laptop (AMD Phenom II X3 N830 Triple Core, 4 GB RAM, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650, ATI High Definition Audio) with the SnowLeo 10.6 DVD (I tried Hazard 10.6.2/10.6.3 and iAtkos S3 V2 too, but SnowLeo's the only one that gave me no problem) with everything working except:

1: Video resolution and QI/CE: My screen resolution is only 1024x768 :(

2: WiFi: My Atheros card doesn't work :/ Used this one to enable WiFI without changing kernel.

3: Audio: VoodooHDA works but I have a strange echo sound from the microphone I can't seem to fix D: Used an older version and No problems. :)

I tried Forced EDID but the resolution is always the lowest (1024x768 :/)

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Update!

I tried updating to 10.6.8 and It works!

So now I found another guide for 5650m and It seems promising! Only missing a compiled boot file with my ids to have Full resolution and QE/CI! Going to ask in the Ati forum, stay tuned for other updates! :)

Update 2: Wifi kext tested and no issues found! Audio fixed with an older VoodooHDA version! Now only Video Card missing! Any help would be great! :D