The Blue Screen (Once Again)

Supersonic

6 posts in this topic

OK so this time I was running the updated Leopard Preview. I noticed that my system would tend to lock up from time to time. Well this time I was trying to install QT Pro, and it completely locked up on me. I did the 'hold the power button' shut down. When I went to restart, I got the grey Apple screen with the spinner. That stayed up for a long period of time. So I restarted once again. Now it will load to the Blue Screen and that is it. What in the heck do I need to do to make this more reliable and not get the Blue Screen after a few days of use?

Thanks for listening to my venting,

Supersonic :D

"What in the heck do I need to do to make this more reliable and not get the Blue Screen after a few days of use?"

Simple answer: go back to Tiger. :|

Harsh, but true.

You are dealing with something that is not scheduled to be released for 4-7 Months depending on overall quality and was intended for release to a limited audience with a reduced feature set to find just these kinds of issues so that they could be resolved before this is made avaliable to the public.

However, thanks to a few over zealous developers and some idiot end users, these problems are being blown out of perportion through the miguided belief that Leopard is ready for Prime Time.

Think about it this way, would you even consider running Vista on your work computer if it were the only one you had and your paycheck depended on it running all day, every day from now until the end of time?

Why should your personal wellbeing and happiness be any different? I mean think about it, Tiger was Fantastic, Top of the Line, Ultra-Bleeding edge until a month ago at which point many of you started saying "Tiger Blows!", "Tiger Sux!", when just beforehand you were saying "Tiger Rocks!", "Tiger is the Fushiznit!", Tiger Kicks @$$!".

Remember, your Blizzard does not care nor are they willing to give you a credit to your account if you were "unable to play WoW for a week because Leopard's wierd issues are not letting my computer boot."

- LOVE IT OR SHOVE IT -

• 3 weeks later...

Same exact thing happened to me. I needed to force a restart cause parallels kept freezing the computer and it stopped booting. (Blue screen)

I booted into my "Recovery Partition" (5GB partition with tiger on it) and transferred my data to my iMac. Then I installed Tiger and took back my files and stuff. My computer feels just like it did with Leopard, and I don't miss Leopard in any way.