{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok many thanks to all contributors of this thread. and to dosdude1 and his contributors 

I used dosdude1 Mojave patcher to add HD3000 graphics kexts to the final Mojave  build

and some patches to platforms files to workaround the unsupported sandy bridge CPU and OpenGL GPU

just after installation definitely its full OpenGL 3d accelerated now under testing on OpenGl Extension Viewer

surprisingly passing 3d acceleration on OpenGL 4.0 version !

all animation works fine dark mode ok but no  Finder sidebar transparency on light mode 

night shift mode  ok . QuickTime  recording and playing ok .

wifi ok

ethernet ok 

bluetooth ok 

camera ok 

usb3 seems to be ok 

Touchpad ok without gesture 

audio needs to patch AppleHDA Kext

and may be patching DSDT.

I will test and update ...

Edited by nanotech
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hervé said:

You may opt for what's been referred to as "hybrid transparency" in light mode. See here for details. You'll obtain a white Finder's bar and white windows background rather than the grey ones in which items can be difficult to make out.

Thanks Herve , applied  your script but no Notification Center sidebar 

Transparency in night mode nor in dark mode .

tried to remove it from logon then logout but still active then rebooted and it still active whatsoever 

opened display preference in Accessibility found that Reduce Transparency is checked ,unchecked it and get the default again 

it seems that this script only check reduce transparency check box in display setting, some additional code is missing.

since the linked Jackluke's  terminal app works like  a charm perfectly , thank you again, appreciate you help 

Edited by nanotech

On 11/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, nanotech said:

ok many thanks to all contributors of this thread. and to dosdude1 and his contributors 

I used dosdude1 Mojave patcher to add HD3000 graphics kexts to the final Mojave  build

and some patches to platforms files to workaround the unsupported sandy bridge CPU and OpenGL GPU

just after installation definitely its full OpenGL 3d accelerated now under testing on OpenGl Extension Viewer

surprisingly passing 3d acceleration on OpenGL 4.0 version !

all animation works fine dark mode ok but no  Finder sidebar transparency on light mode 

night shift mode  ok . QuickTime  recording and playing ok .

wifi ok

ethernet ok 

bluetooth ok 

camera ok 

usb3 seems to be ok 

Touchpad ok without gesture 

audio needs to patch AppleHDA Kext

and may be patching DSDT.

I will test and update ...

Hello nanotech, your laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110?

Edited by Kakaro

3 hours ago, Kakaro said:

Hello nanotech, your laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110?

Hello KaKaro, yes it is, N5110 with spects:

• Intel Core i5-2430M processor (2.3GHz, 3MB cache, 3.0GHz Turbo Boost)
  • 15.6-inch 1366×768 display with LED backlighting.
  • 6GB DDR3 memory (1333MHz).
  • 500GB 5400rpm HDD.
  • Intel HD 3000  integrated graphics.
  • with Nvidia GT525m .
  • 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner.
  • Hint:1st post guide in this thread is no longer valid  completely for Mojave  it needs some update Modifications , I created a master boot record fat32 flash USB disk 8gb, installed latest clover boot loader , toked , my SSDT-4 and DSDT files   according to my configuration and used them as described in the video from the first post but I  put them into the clover/ ACPI/patched of the EFI folder of the newly installed  latest clover boot loader USB flash disk ,I did not use the EFI folder from the video of the first post, its outdated, my aspects are closely related to MacBook Pro 8.1 so I have edited the config.plist extracted according to the video from the first post, now it looks like this :
  • <key>SMBIOS</key>
        <dict>
            <key>BiosVendor</key>
            <string>Apple Inc.</string>
            <key>BiosVersion</key>
            <string>MBP81.88Z.0047.B0E.1104221557</string>
            <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
            <string>04/22/11</string>
            <key>Manufacturer</key>
            <key>ProductName</key>
            <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
            <key>Version</key>
            <string>1.0</string>
            <key>Family</key>
            <string>MacBook Pro</string>
            <key>SerialNumber</key>
            <string>put your serial here </string>
            <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
            <key>Board-ID</key>
            <string>94245B3640C91C86</string>
        </dict>
        <key>Boot</key>
  • created my 8.1 SMBIOS by the chameleon app from the pre install folder from the first post ,saved it in documents then replaced all the values of SMBIOS  in the  extracted config.plist( from the first post it was MacBook Pro 8.2) with the values of Macbook pro 8.1 SMBIOS. left the rest of config.plist as it is in the  EFI. folder I put latest FakeSMC.kext(google is your friend) , latest RehabMan VoodooPS2Controller.kext, (ACPIBatteryManager.kext and RealtekRTL8100.kext those tow kexts are from the guide of the first post )
  • then used dosdude1 guid installing Mojave on unsupported Macs
  • after complete  I have installed wifi and usb3
  • USB flash disk was only for boot loader boating I restored Mojave installer on GUID portion map  usb external hdd via dosdude1 Mojave patcher app and followed dosdude1s guide for that 
  • USB 3.0 ports works although they are not listed in system information  still speed is not tested 
  •  
Edited by nanotech

18 minutes ago, nanotech said:

Hello KaKaro, yes it is, N5110 with spects:

• Intel Core i5-2430M processor (2.3GHz, 3MB cache, 3.0GHz Turbo Boost)
  • 15.6-inch 1366×768 display with LED backlighting.
  • 6GB DDR3 memory (1333MHz).
  • 500GB 5400rpm HDD.
  • Intel HD 3000  integrated graphics.
  • with Nvidia GT525m .
  • 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner.
Thanks, you can share the files to install MacOS Mojave

1 hour ago, Kakaro said:

Thanks, you can share the files to install MacOS Mojave

I already edited my post you can go back  to 127 page but there are  

Some questions :

Are You familiar with Mac ?.if yes:

Are you running Mac OS on your laptop ?.if yes:

Are you moded Your bios as in first post ?.if yes:

what are your configuration your aspects? not all my files will suite you  cause N5110 has deferent  configurations.

Edited by nanotech

8 hours ago, nanotech said:

I already edited my post you can go back  to 127 page but there are  

Some questions :

Are You familiar with Mac ?.if yes:

Are you running Mac OS on your laptop ?.if yes:

Are you moded Your bios as in first post ?.if yes:

what are your configuration your aspects? not all my files will suite you  cause N5110 has deferent  configurations.

Only need the kets you use, I use OS X El capitan. i7 2670QM 512 SSD 16 gb ram. 

Edit: What version of clover do you use?

Edited by Kakaro

11 hours ago, Kakaro said:

Thanks nanotech, with the guide, I can install MacOS Mojave, just like you, the audio does not work. Maybe I decided to install VoodooHDA while someone discovered how to make the audio work with AppleHDA

Nice, Kakaro, Thanks for your feedback. 

Already installed latest voodooHDA as a solution till we find any way to AppleHDA

Some Notes :

*sleep=crash= a must shutdown=  No wakeup= same as many unsupported real Mac users and some supported real Mac users=wired bug=its good to disable sleep completely till a fix .

*The latest AppleHDA patcher needs vanilla AppleHDA while that we have in S/L/E is already patched by  dosdude1 Mojave patcher, so if you  wanna try  to patch AppleHDA you should get the Mojave untouched vanilla AppleHDA, google it .

*For better performance set your bios to optimized defaults by using F9 in your bios setup.

* Never play with DVMT pre allocated graphics memory in bios .

* the system in general is very usable 

8 Still under testing and updates 

2 hours ago, nanotech said:

Nice, Kakaro, Thanks for your feedback. 

Already installed latest voodooHDA as a solution till we find any way to AppleHDA

Some Notes :

*sleep=crash= a must shutdown=  No wakeup= same as many unsupported real Mac users and some supported real Mac users=wired bug=its good to disable sleep completely till a fix .

*The latest AppleHDA patcher needs vanilla AppleHDA while that we have in S/L/E is already patched by  dosdude1 Mojave patcher, so if you  wanna try  to patch AppleHDA you should get the Mojave untouched vanilla AppleHDA, google it .

*For better performance set your bios to optimized defaults by using F9 in your bios setup.

* Never play with DVMT pre allocated graphics memory in bios .

* the system in general is very usable 

got the AppleHDA vanilla AppleHDA.kext, attached if you need to update in S / L / E 

AppleHDA.kext.zip

23 hours ago, Hervé said:

I meant the name: Pacifist as opposed to "picificit" or "Pacificit". Hence the link...

:whistle:'not debating on whether it's an application or a tool, doh!

Ohhhh......Totally got it the wrong way, YR Right For whistle, I was Totally sleeping :D