{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rafaroger said:

Thanks Kakaro for the link,

I have already unlocked the advanced menu by adding a line in patches.txt in UEFIpatch tool

899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 10 P:010100010101000000000000:010100010101010101010101

But I am still unable to get UEFI unlocked after this.

Please provide the steps to unlock UEFI.

Ask this topic tu Florin9doi I don´t know

Edited by Kakaro

On 3/17/2019 at 1:28 AM, ford22 said:

hello all help me install kext HD 2000 add HD 3000 intel graphics signal port VGA desktop I3-2120 please clover save

Hello everyone, I'm still struggling to install Macos Mojave 10.14.4. Someone has succeeded and can share their experience please

I am using version 1.3.0 of Dosdue1, version 1.2.3 recommended not to use since it is not compatible with version 10.14.4

Edited by Kakaro

On 1/17/2016 at 1:43 PM, kenjiloc said:

How to use my folder: http://www.mediafire...FI-Kenjiloc.zip

1. When create USB: flow Mohamed Khairy' guide, but use my EFI folder for USB, but REMEMBER replace your SSDT, DSDT and SerialNumber.

2. After install OS finish, boot and login the first time into your OS X, do POST INSTALL flow guide, cope EFI from your USB to POST Install folder, custom kexts, and remember change 

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>No</string>
in your config.plist on EFI folder before you run PostInstall.sh
3. For already finish install Mac OS and can boot anytime but Audio is not working:

Open terminal and run:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Then open Finder, you will see EFI folder, open config.plist on this folder and remove lines (if it have)

<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>hBnUEQ==</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AD1984 -> 92HD87B1/3</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>0XYdEQ==</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>eG1sLnps</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>xml.zlib -> aml.zlib</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>YW1sLnps</data>
			</dict> 

Then install my AppleHDA.kext by Kextt Utinity, then restart your Mac, good luck :)

Hello Folks,

i have a question who installed El Capitan with Clover successfully and used files from kenjiloc’s instructions.

I could install the OS on my machine, but as I do a Post Install, the boot is very sluggish, buggy. Moreover the WLAN, sleep, (USB 3) don’t work anymore!

Before the Post Install the WLAN and sleep worked properly, so the problem is with the Post Install files!

I just created the PostInstall Folder and dragged all kext files from „Kext run on 10.11“ Folder into there. I also moved the „EFI for PostInstall“ there and renamed it to „EFI“. And yes of course I removed the lines from the config.plist file, changed the S/N number and used a proper DSDT and SSDT-4 files. Then I copied and used the Postinstall.sh from Mohamed Khairy’s PostInstall Folder.

For the WLAN: I also tried to skip the „AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext“  from the „Kext run on 10.1“ Folder because in the Clover we have a quite different RealtekRTL8100.kext. Unfortunately, it also didn’t work. After the PostInstal I neither can turn on the WLAN nor with the keyboard combinations even if I booted the OS from the flash drive.

For the USB 3: As a Hervé said on the page: 117, I did a research to make my USB 3 workable. I checked every page from here however I didn’t find any useful informations about it! Please, give me an advice!

Hervé: Posted July 27, 2016

EHCx and XHC devices need to be renamed, you may require a USB_injector kext so that your USB port definitions match that of Apple's SMBIOS profile and you usually need to apply Rehabman's USB fixes for 7/8 Series chipset.

This has already been greatly detailed on the various Hackintosh forums, including this one. You can do a search.

So, I just need a proper tutorial for El Capitan with Clover because this one from kenjiloc is a bit chaotic.

2. After install OS finish, boot and login the first time into your OS X, do POST INSTALL flow guide, cope EFI from your USB to POST Install folder, custom kexts …“

flow guide - which guide? From yours or from Mohamed? Should I delete all kexts from Mohamed’s PostInstall folder or just replace them with your kexts?

When I tried it just with your kexts and then I was always in trouble..

I am a bit disappointed because I’ve tried it so many times desperately without success.

I am waiting for your reply!

Thanks in advance!

Tibor

On 1/1/2019 at 12:13 AM, ezee said:

why there you have Nvidia showing ? use this patch

SSDT_DGPU.aml

Also in BIOS

1. Set Initial Display Output to IGFX
  2. Set Internal Graphics to Auto/Enabled
  3. Set DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64MB
  4. Set DVMT Total Gfx Memory to 256/128MB

Hello ezze, how to use the patch SSDT_DGPU.aml? 

Edited by Kakaro

On 4/7/2019 at 6:05 AM, Hervé said:

Place the file in Clover's ACPI/patched folder then reference it in your Clover config ACPI section. Use Clover Configurator app to that effect.

Hello Hervé, 

Which of these options should I select so that the SSDT_DGPM.aml table works, thanks in advance

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-08 a la(s) 19.16.56.png

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-08 a la(s) 19.18.33.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I share my experience with my Dell and Mojave

It is highly recommended NOT to place any Kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder

It is 100% better to do it in the /Library/Extensions folder In this way you have more stability, no errors appear in the console. Repair permissions with the Kext Utility

The energy consumption has decreased at least 65 to 70% and the battery lasts 30 to 40% longer

Who opine, comment or share their experience

Greetings to all

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, Kakaro said:

Wow the trackpad work perfect. Scroll up, scroll down, scroll vertical and horizontal with two fingers, tap with one and two fingers. Gesture with tree fingers (change page in Safari, change music in Spotify, etc. :thumbsup_anim::D

Work in macOS Mojave 10.14.3 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

@Kakaro where did you get this kext? can you provide me a link for it?

2 hours ago, Kakaro said:

Thank you @Kakaro, but i'm not asking about the file, i'm asking about the original link that you got this kext from so i can follow if any update got released.

and btw this is a debug version of the kext, not a release version. it's working but still buggy and laggy

Edited by nabilsofficial

6 hours ago, nabilsofficial said:

Thank you @Kakaro, but i'm not asking about the file, i'm asking about the original link that you got this kext from so i can follow if any update got released.

and btw this is a debug version of the kext, not a release version. it's working but still buggy and laggy

Here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332305-wanted-alps-kext-for-dell-latitude-e5430/

• 2 weeks later...

hello there.

hopefully i'm putting this post in the right place. i apologize if i'm not.

i have an inspiron n5110, HD3000 with NO secondary GPU, 8gb ram, i5-2430M, idt sound card, realtek 81xx lan, centrino 1030 wifi (irrelevant at this point, will be replaced with a broadcom eventually)... bios is set to AHCI, all options are on except "wake on usb", no boot password, etc...

is anyone monitoring this topic that might be able to help someone out? i'm a bit stuck ... mainly with post-installation issues.

i recently installed mojave 10.14.6 on this thing, after i had installed win7 and converted the partition from MBR to GPT so i could have UEFI and an apfs partition. the installation of mojave went fine, and i can get into the details of that if need be, but they're not really the issue here -- the installer booted easily, ran as tho it was running on a real mac, and i had no problems installing the OS.

the short version of that story, and i suppose a big part of necessary information there, is that i made a mojave installer stick with that-which-shall-not-be-named-on-this-forum and used that to install it onto the system. also, another small detail is that, like anyone else that tries to install macOS on these craptops, i had to install a version of the hacked UEFI A11 bios on the n5110.

the version of @Florin9doi's bios that i'm using has a modification date of April 6th 2018... so if there's anything newer/better that's been put together since then that may help solve my problem, may show more info or have some 'new' options to modify in the bios, i'm all ears...

the installation went without a hitch and werked out very well ... except for the fact that it would only boot mojave off the usb stick, and, of course, i could no longer boot win7.

the-beast-with-one-back created an installer stick that had a semi-generic clover setup already on it (4920), which boots up on the n5110 just fine... and i could boot win7 from the usb stick as well, but any and all attempts to put Clover on the EFI partition were fruitless. nothing seemed to want to "bless" the EFI partition and make it bootable. i tried quite a few things...setting the partition as active using the Win7 usb stick i have to repair the efi partition (which would fix it but then you could only boot to win7 and putting Clover on the EFI partition afterward stuck like jello nailed to a wall), the Clover installer pkg, etc.

in frustration, grasping at straws after i tried a several things (mentioned above and not mentioned above), i tried multi-backed-beast, and, sure enough, it "blessed" the EFI just fine and put a version of clover on there, but that version just wouldn't boot anything other than itself. so i booted mojave off the installer usb stick that werked, for the umpteenth time, and mounted the EFI partitions from both the stick and the hard drive, wiped the files from the EFI on the hd (didn't do a format -- just trashed the files), copied the stuff from the usable booting usb stick to the hd EFI partition, etc ...

now ... here's where i'm stuck, and where it gets a little upside-down.

when attempting to boot from the hard drive after this, using a straight-up, no-hands boot process (ie power button only), the version of clover that boots up is displaying in 1024x768, and appears to be the 'bios' version (the info page lists the AMI firmware and no mention of UEFI). win7 will boot from this side when pointed at the "Windows 7 from EFI" option but it's only partially functional -- some drivers under win7 absolutely DO NOT WERK when booting up like this, the audio chipset being the prime example. and mojave simply won't boot at all. i have verbose mode on, and it usually dies right after the little EFI "preamble" before the main boot process starts. 

here's where it gets weird.

if i power up the system and pound the F12 key to get to the boot menu, and select "hard disk drive" at the top of the list (ie not any of the UEFI options in this boot menu, and NOT the mojave installer stick), a seemingly different setup of Clover comes up -- same version, 1366x766 rez (full resolution of the lcd panel), shows 'container' mounting of all the apfs partitions, shows that it's the UEFI version of the bootloader on the info page, and boots to a menu that will boot both mojave and win7 from the hard drive without an issue, and all the drivers installed under win7 werk without a hitch, and mojave werks with its usual hiccups (no sound, etc).

so, in a nutshell, i'm stuck without a hands-off Clover setup.

i'm at a loss as to how to fix this, hence why i've come here with a long explanation and hat-in-hand. i've tried renaming the win7 bootloader efi file to 'bootmgfw-orig', tried making a UEFI entry pointing to \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI using EasyUEFI ... tried installing the specific UEFI Clover setup from the Clover installation file under mojave, etc. tried several different versions of clover (from 4920 to 5033)...nothing seems to werk.

another small detail that's interesting is ... both the BIOS version and the UEFI version seem to be using the same config.plist file that i edited with a specific model/serial #, and yet they both come up acting totally different with regard to resolution and what they will/won't boot.

if there's anyone out there that can maybe give me some pointers as to how to fix this, i'd be sincerely appreciative of any suggestions, big or small. 

when booted, mojave werks great, albeit with the usual issues, ie no sound, no wifi because of unsupported card, no proper video driver (tho that's apparently fixable if you can do DSDT stuff? i've been trying to find info on how to do that but not much is clear on how it's done as far as clover configurator is concerned... i don't care about metal since i'm not gonna game on this system under macOS, but i would like the acceleration, more useable ram for the GPU and less screen flickering and glitches), appalling battery life, etc. the usual, as it were. but i figured that's something i can ask about and, fingers crossed, get help with later after the main boot issue is fixed...

if anyone has an ideas/suggestions on how to fix this boot problem, or perhaps a good joke (tho that may be against the rules since it's off-topic), i'm all eyeballs.

thanks in advance,

--the dee-mon.

p.s. in case you don't feel like scrolling up, here's the system config again, copied and pasted courtesy of the redundant redundancy department.

inspiron n5110, HD3000 with NO secondary GPU, 8gb ram, i5-2430M, idt sound card, realtek 81xx lan, centrino 1030 wifi (irrelevant at this point, will be replaced with a broadcom eventually)... bios is set to AHCI, all options are on except "wake on usb", no boot password, etc..

Edited by dee-mon
other forum utilities mentioned, edited them out.

ok, so regarding my "clover not booting to UEFI hands-free" problem referred to in the previous very long-winded post ...

after trying many things, i solved this problem by using efibootmgr in a usb linux distro, looking at the number for "Hard Drive" in the UEFI list (entry 0001, which was set up to be picked dead last for some odd reason), and then setting that entry as what i wanted the system to boot. boom. fixed the problem. system now boots to the UEFI Clover setup.

i can edit the previous post down if need-be, but i imagine someone else having this problem may benefit from having it cached in search engines.

meanwhile ...

i'm having some other interesting issues.

i got audio to function on this thing using AppleALC, per a previous post in this thread.

then i managed to get the HD3000 drivers installed and functional using the rehabman config.plist and DSDT patches for the HD3000 drivers ... but with the HD3000 stuff setup, audio stops functioning. 

if i switch back to the previous config.plist, i get audio back, of course...

i tried 'merging' all the bits of the functional audio config.plist with the functional hd3000 config.plist, but audio still will not werk. also tried the rehabman DSDT patch for "audio hdef layout 12" on top of the functional HD3000 setup, but still have no audio.

any ideas, anyone? 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, dee-mon said:

the short version of that story, and i suppose a big part of necessary information there, is that i made a mojave installer stick with that-which-shall-not-be-named-on-this-forum and used that to install it onto the system. also, another small detail is that, like anyone else that tries to install macOS on these craptops, i had to install a version of the hacked UEFI A11 bios on the n5110.

the version of @Florin9doi's bios that i'm using has a modification date of April 6th 2018... so if there's anything newer/better that's been put together since then that may help solve my problem, may show more info or have some 'new' options to modify in the bios, i'm all ears...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wmx3ovht2lavws/N5110_bios_spec.zip?dl=0

Bios A11 is the most recent and the file placed by Florin9doi is the last one, use that one.

Edited by Kakaro

On 8/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, dee-mon said:

the-beast-with-one-back created an installer stick that had a semi-generic clover setup already on it (4920), which boots up on the n5110 just fine... and i could boot win7 from the usb stick as well, but any and all attempts to put Clover on the EFI partition were fruitless. nothing seemed to want to "bless" the EFI partition and make it bootable. i tried quite a few things...setting the partition as active using the Win7 usb stick i have to repair the efi partition (which would fix it but then you could only boot to win7 and putting Clover on the EFI partition afterward stuck like jello nailed to a wall), the Clover installer pkg, etc.

Use Clover Configurator to open EFI partition and install clover here. Put kext in kext/others

When you boot the computer with clover, select the clover boot options and select the first option for clover to boot the EFI partition. Remember to place the DSDT and the SSDT

Captura de Pantalla 2019-08-19 a la(s) 18.06.23.png

Edited by Kakaro