Video Card id 71c0 Who's having luck?

24 posts in this topic

I'm having a helluva time getting my Sapphire X1600xt 256mb video card to work. It's ID 71c0. It seems like a lot of people are struggling with cards with that ID.

What are the success stories out there? i.e. what OS version are you running, what versions kexts, what video card is it, etc...

I'm having a helluva time getting my Sapphire X1600xt 256mb video card to work. It's ID 71c0. It seems like a lot of people are struggling with cards with that ID.

What are the success stories out there? i.e. what OS version are you running, what versions kexts, what video card is it, etc...

Hi m8

Here you go i use this installer as i have same card as you and it works brilliant

http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...risbadenov.html

• 4 weeks later...

Success with Sapphire x1600xt 256 MB with 71c0. Used manual Boris method.

Used JaS 10.4.6 installer with JaS 10.4.7 update, but 10.4.7 doesn't update kexts.

I don't really know what kexts are in the JaS 10.4.6 installer. I know it starts with either a 10.4.4 or 10.4.5 installation and then uses a 10.4.6 Combo update. But are there new kexts in that Combo update or did he remove them? I've never looked.

It has been said that a "lot" of people are having this problem. But very few people who are happy with their x1600 card come forward and post that they are happy. So, most of the posts you see are from people having problems. When the Boris fix came out. a large number of people went and bought x1600 cards to get better video than what their previous card could provide.

The complaints have been a little greater recently. It tells me that maybe ATI changed something in their recent cards. Either electronically or in firmware.

I would be happy to provide a copy of my video card's firmware as long as you do me a favor. Tell me the link for the ATIFlash utility and what is the command for dumping the firmware so I don't have to go and research it.

Remember, my card has one VGA port and one DVI port. I don't know what would happen with my firmware on a card with a different port configuration. My configuration is in posting #4 above.

hy guys... belive me i try evrything, belive me evrything.... but my pcie x1600xt saphire ati card with 256 mb don't and don't work :poster_oops: so belive me there is a lot more guys like me and we have a problem... so please help us...

i have a in windows xp that id:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C0&SUBSYS_0881174B&REV_00\4&3CF68F1&0&0008

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71E0&SUBSYS_0881174B&REV_00\4&3cf68f1&0&0108

when i install boris badenov installer metod i get a blue screen of death... i can't do nothing... but when i boot my mac os x 10.4.6 in -x mode then i get a lot less artifacts and i can change the resolution, even refresh rate, but the picture is still very bad... so driver works but there is some protection or somthing else with a new card.... so again please help us... tell me what information do you need so you can help me... becose my eng is bad i will tray to take a picture.... but somone please tell me what must i picture it.... thanx...

Sorry, no BIOS. ATIFLASH reports that it cannot see my card. I downloaded a newer ATIFLASH off the net and it reports the same thing. If you have any suggestions, I'll entertain them.

My ID's:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C0&SUBSYS_0880174B&REV_00\4&31F3E1F0&0&0008

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71E0&SUBSYS_0881174B&REV_00\4&31F3E1F0&0&0108

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c0

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

i vrealy not have any clue how to work this out... but maybe that information helps you, like you see my grafic card is by default, when i boot new instalation of mac os x 10.4.6, there, and is online but i can't change the resoulution or refresh rate and that killing my eyes becose i have a crt monitor :poster_oops: so, is there any instruction that change just that sets of instrution for changing resolution and refresh rate?? again sory for my bad eng... thx

Here has CI & QE out of box with Myzar 10.4.6 and Jas 10.4.7 (now updated to .8).

With boris you get full control of the card, but in my case, pale colors.

so, is there any instruction that change just that sets of instrution for changing resolution and refresh rate??

Boot using F8 and enter a resolution.

When OSX boots, first the screen turns black then grey with a spinning icon. As soon as the screen turns black, start tapping the F8 key quickly and repeatedly until a command prompt appears.

Type: ?video

Read the available resolutions and refresh rates.

At the prompt, type (using the quotes): "Graphics Mode" = "1280x1024@85" (but using the resolution/refresh you selected)

Keep doing this until you find one that is acceptable.

Then edit your boot.plist and add the following two lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024@85</string> (but using the resolution/refresh rate you selected)

it might be that the cards are no different but the motherboards pcix bus reacts differently...

I took my sapphire x1600pro Crossfire Ed which works perfectly in my pc with the installer and tested it in my friends pc and he received tearing...with the installer and manual method.

So... i just try that "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024@85" and the resoulution changes but the refresh rate don't :( it is the same 60Hz... Then i try "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@85" that i was trying on my 10.4.3 sistem and strange thing happens... When mac os x type mac os logon screen... then my picture start to flicker! Hard! so i have litle be scared and fast manually force restart my mac os x... Then i have try my digital input on my card, i readed on some topic... but i have the same result, flickerin, and lot of it... In windows xp that resolutin 1280x1024@85 works flawlesly so i don't know where is the problem, can sombody please help me, my eyes begging for help?? Thx

ps. i don't think that i have that problem becose my motherboard, i belive like Rammjet seing... that is becose difrent device id on the end of information id in the post little bit up ... so can somwone please try to figured this out...

I am glad that you wondergod and others finaly belive me that there is the difrence in the on the first sight the same card (x1600xt saphire pcie 256mb) ... is there any solution... maybe boris badenov, jas, rammjet.... thanx a lot for your eford and time. Again please help me, my eyes are very very tired from a 60 hz on my crt monitor :censored2:

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, is there anybody ho think that he can hack the atiflash program. Why atiflash? becove 'we' have a bios for ati card that working on boris badenov method but we can't flash it becose is difrence in some numbers version and the atiflash program don't wont to boot a new working bios... So is there anyone ho can crack, baypase the atiflash program?

• 2 weeks later...

Hy there... i have a strange thing to tell you... my frend has downloaded for me the latest reseded 10.4.8 dvd from Jas and my card is now working! Thank you Jas 1000000 times! You are the best... I don't wrealy know which version of drivers is on that dvd but it seems that working like a charm... in another word, from the box... How i did it? I have a start to install new 10.4.8 dvd and then when comes the first window i have chose disk manager and deletet all my hard disk... then on the clean hard disk i have install the 'fresh' install of mac os x... Important on the step 3 ( im not shure 100%) becose i'm at work now... but when you have a option to choose disk (on which you mean to install your os x) you have a option to customize your instalation of mac os x... so click on custumize and chose what you need (Jas 10.4.8 package if i remember well) ... dont install nothing else, that my advice, what you don't need.... so in customize i chose a semthex kernel, thank you semtex (working like i charm too)... and a ati 16XX pci driver, patch for the about this mac... and that is... nothing else... instalation when god, fast and when you boot for the first time you have a full suport for your grafic card x1600xt! Thats what i think... i have try to change resolution, i can, i try to change refresh rate, i can, color profile is working... dvd movie is working... in iTunes full screan prewiew is working.... i wrealy don't know how to difrenty test my card... if somone wants that i run somkine test, please tell me what i must to do.... So i hope that help for somone.... By. Again big THANX for Jas and others ho has helped to developet such for me god package....

p.s. sory for my poor eng...

I have an asus eax1600 silent with id 71c0 and same probs...I'll try to install 10.4.8 and se if that works. But I wonder if I can install over my current install - goatsecx10.4.5 with jas 10.4.7 update - or must i do a clean install?

Any tips anyone?