SSE2 + SSE3 during installation

dudies69

12 posts in this topic

During installation of Jas 10.4.7 I ticked SSE2 and SSE3. I have a dual Intel XEON 3.2 Ghz

machine and when I look into the info for the OS X system it tells me my system is SSE2

and nowhere does it mention SSE3. I am wondering whether only one of the SSE2 or SSE3

patches are suppose to be applied. I just assumed that both needed to be applied. My system

is working ok, but thought I may have better results with the proper patches applied. Cheers

according to the info on this site, only one of them should be checked, sse2 or sse3, not both. :)

but if you machine is working ok, i will not worry at all, if it ain't broken why fix it?

• 1 month later...

not sure if anyone has tried to take off the patch but if u have just recently installed it then it shouldnt be that much of a hassle to reinstall with only sse3 patch. the people to ask would be like Rammjet, Kiko, or Jas. Anyone have any idea on this.

No . It depends on your motherboard. Sometimes it does not show. But it uses SSE3. For example my Dell rig. I had to select SSE2 [sSE3 would not work]. But again , Jas told me that , SSE3 instructions would be passed to the CPU directly instead of emulating it. To test it out , try iTunes 7. If you get not enough memory error , that means your processor does not support SSE3 , but if it installs it. That shows that your processor has SSE3. Its a simple test to do