Post Install Patch Fix for 10.4.7 SMB / CIFS / APF (Windows File Sharing)

Mofo-X

77 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

This patch worked beautifully for me the first time I applied it. However after two days the problem returned (no network servers displayed), and I tried to reapply the patch. After restarting the computer, it does not complete rebooting, but stops at a (blank) light blue screen with mouse control and nothing else. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know if I need this patch, because I can connect to a windows or AppleShared machine; my problem is that the connection speed is veeeery low. using the same exact hardware setting (which includes switch) with Kubuntu I get averages (around 8MBps) 20 times bigger than with MacOSX.

I suspect the ethernet driver is not working correctly...

Should I apply the patch?

I suspect the ethernet driver is not working correctly...

Should I apply the patch?

Patch should not affect speed, only connectivity.

Go to Network in System Preferences, double-click your ethernet and then select Ethernet tab. Change "Configure" from "Automatic" to "Manually" and then see if you can set the ethernet speed.

Guest goodtime

Amazing tool!

I ran into this problem on 2 Computers. I've seen it before and thought. Oh man, I'm gonna have to start over and install everything and try not the lose my File Sharing again along the way.

This tool cleared up my AFP Personal File Sharing problem very quickly. Much faster than troubleshooting it and definately faster than a full re-install.

Thank you for coming up with a great tool and superb time-saver.

This is a Classic!

Thank you,

gt

Edited by goodtime

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone able to access samba shares without patching? I guess I'm trying to figure out if my inability to connect to an ubuntu server is a known bug or if it's a problem I created.

I'm using 10.4.8. Jas and Ubuntu 6.1. XP clients can connect to the ubuntu server. I can't connect from OS X though. I get "error -50". Looks like auth just don't go through.

I tried the patch, and it didn't help, so now I'm thinking it's my config, or perhaps the patch doesn't help on 10.4.8, only 10.4.7.

By the way, Thanks Jas and others, for letting me have the opportunity to play with these "toys". :whistle: I've used macs since the beginning, eventually moving on to the Quadra 950 (woo hoo that was a beefy tower). Now I'm pretty much cross platform comfortable, windows, linux, mac. I'm responsible for two switchers (they bought shiny new intel macs), and I don't even currently own a mac!!!! (sold my ibook last year).

anyways. I'm spamming up this post. I go now. Must find samba problem.

lr

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a little problem. The patch got me working and all but file transfers go extremely slow over AFP transfers between my real mac and my hackintosh.

Heres where it gets really weird:

1) If I use an ethernet connection between the two via my WRT54GS Linksys Router, there are almost NO packets going betweent the two when I check the network activity.

2) If I go from the wi-fi on my mac through my router to the ethernet on my hackintosh, transfers go at about normal speed.

3) If I just use an ethernet switch instead of my router, the ethernet connections work perfectly.

Is this an issue with my router or is there some sort of weird bug in this patch or maybe the drivers for my hackintosh network adapter?

NOTE: This only happens with AFP, SMB networking is normal.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Weird problem....

I am able to connect systems in my network but not the server

my server is running on SBS 2003

from that server i get internet as well as mails

i also tried ur patch but it did`nt work

i have apple mac os x 10.4.9

i also updated to 10.4.10, but still same problem

• 1 month later...

Greetings !

I was happy to have found this patch recently since that my otherwise flawless 10.4.10 hack wasn't seen by my XP machine over an ethernet connection. So I applied this patch and now not only it hasn't fixed the problem but now neither Azureus nor Limewire will open. (They just bounce a couple of times in the Dock and that's it)

Does anyone know how to undo the patch ? or even better know how to get the Windows sharing happening ?

Just to rule out a XP issue I attempted sucessfully to connect it to a 10.4.6 legit Mac, so I know that it could work...

Also I have noticed that the address format provided by my hackintosh does not look like the one provided by the legit Mac... could that be the issue?

Formats are

hackintosh: \\123.45.678-90.rev.gaoland.net\username

legit:\\123.456.78.90\username

Any help appreciated,

Thanks