How to Remove OsX Partition

suryoyo

8 posts in this topic

Guys, I've previously set up osx on a separate partition and made it the default boot in my hard disk. I tried to remove it by actually deleting the partion (the osx one) that hosed my whole hard disk and I had to reinstall windows again. Is there a way to safely remove OSx and bring back my installation to the way it was when I first installed windows w/o OSx?

Thx

Is there only one Hard Disk in your machine and have you already re-installed windows? If so, you chances are about Zero...

You could try windows tools like Partition Doctor or various Data-Recovery tools (I like getdata.com) but...

Moral-Of-The-Story: ALWAYS save an image of functioning System-Installs and do not use Macs Disk-Utility when playing around with Windows partitions and vice-versa.

happy re-covery/installing,

n.m.

no it doesnt say......go to your osx patched install dvd......let the setup start up.....then go to disk utilty....mark your hdd(that's the first :( ) and format the hdd to windows filesystem or free space(not to mac journal)....then reboot with a windows install cd and you can install windows again :whistle:

sorry for my poor english

Have a bootable fsdisk just incase you need to make XP your active partition.

I just open up windows and right-click my computer and click Manage. In there, under one of the trees you will see all the partitions on your system. Right-click OSX and delete. But make sure your XP partition is active. Otherwise XP wont load and you'll need to use fsdisk. If XP partition isn't active then right-click the partition and select set-as-active. Then reboot.