Fix: VoodooHDA KP (10.6.8 + 10.7.x)

AndersenTech

58 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8 and Voodoo Loader makes my system freeze (no KP screen) when launched.

I have a VIA VT2021, and I tried "VoodooHDA 2.7.2/3/4.kext" and "VIA2021.kext".

Is ML supported ? Do you plan on supporting it ?

Val'

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Recently I've been super busy with school stuff and travel. I hope to resume work on this project as soon as I can get my rig fixed. It might be a while, but I'll try building on my other comp and updating more often.

Hope I can fix some problems,

AndersenTech

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mustang sally & Hi all !

I've also ALC663 and no KP after using this awesome loader (thanks to AndersenTech !)! But, the problem that i've under ML is that after every reboot I loose the voodoo HDA setting in preferences (see photo). Can you share your knowledge about this pb please ?

Thanks !

Wonderful Forum

Loyd

Capture d’écran 2012-10-09 Ã 04.31.10.tiff

• 1 month later...

hi

i m trying to install mountain lion on an HP 4320s Laptop with a i3-m350 cpu

beside the graphics problem i have wireless working ok

Voodooloader worked for one single section them i had a KP no sound and if i start it i get a KP

8086;Intel Corporation;3b56;5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio;Multimedia controller;Audio device

that is the audio device

Darwin Mac-Pro-de-Rictec.local 12.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: Sun Jun 24 23:00:16 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.7.9~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

thats the kernel

can anyone help on where is the problem i tried every thing i found on the net and sound didn't came back

Thanks

ok i cant stay put so a quick replace of VoodooHDA 2.7.4 to VoodooHDA 2.7.3 and i have sound working again..

now lets try some better graphics

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.5b (beta) released on the Google Code page

Notes: Contains an updated VoodooHDA kext tested with ML (10.8). Removes auto-startup function: Users must manually add the app to their login rules through the Settings App (system) or through login hooks (for use with /usr/bin/vd_startup). Keep in mind that this is a beta and likely should not be used on a daily basis. I do not have a Hackintosh here to personally test the updated loader and therefore, comments would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys so I have a CLEVO w370et with Mountain Lion and the only thing not working at all is the Audio ALC 269.... I have tried lots of kexts VoodooHDA 2.7.2/3/4 2.8/ 2.8.2, also tried using Voodooloader latest version with loads of different VoodooHDA kext ... and after editing the Dev Id to the according one in the info.plist inside the kext I get this cpu panic... even when I launch it after it boot using Voodooloader... do you guys have any idea what i could be doing wrong... fortunately my laptops bios allows me to disable the audio card, which is handy... just before I get the cpu panic I can hear the speakers "Pop"

Thanks in advance.

Also get this KP if I enable it from S/L/E

post-567034-0-19094200-1360130681_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hey AndersenTech I just wanted to thank you for sharing that voodoo helper and voodoo loader patch..It fixed my booting problem...I always had to use the -f flag to boot into mac osx..Now i don't...

All i did was use voodoo patcher to install the custom voodoohda.kext then fireup vodoo helper again to make sure..then reboot and that was it..now i have working sound without any boot up problems..thaks a million pal..