GM Vs Lion

N2bnfun

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know is there any difference between GM and Lion ? I already have the GM version install and before I paid 29.00 I would like to know, and how to you upgrade to Lion from the GM version?

In GM iTunes and Safari are in beta as well as many other softwares.....but it will get updated to final version via software update

Does anyone know is there any difference between GM and Lion ? I already have the GM version install and before I paid 29.00 I would like to know, and how to you upgrade to Lion from the GM version?

Hello!

There are no differencies between Mac OS X Lion Golden Master Version and the version which has been published today on the Mac App Store. So, I would recomend you stay with the version which you have now.

It's 100% the same, run Software Update and it will bring some core apps up to par.

so you guys are implying that there is no change with the iCloud features in either builds? MobileMe option is still in System Preferences?

iCloud must be downloaded separately when officially released and MobileMe is for the existing users...new users will have to use iCloud ....

So, is the Retail release same as GM or not? Can you double confirm? I have GM on my machine and I bought the retails so I can get future updates, but I don't want to reinstall everything if GM and Retail is exactly the same.

Yes ....retail is same as GM except for sme s/w which get updated to final via software update...........

Lets just put it this way if your a developer and you installed the GM the Retail version says installed there is no way to "upgrade".

That's true, but if you hold down alt / option / mac key while clicking on the lion logo at the app store. it allow you to purchase it again, so I wasn't sure, if there was any difference. Thanks for clarifying you guys.