AppleLPC.kext cause graphics lag

nyolc8

15 posts in this topic

I have a problem:

I made my dsdt to load AppleLPC.kext. it's loading perfectly, but all the animations laggy and slow. And my CPU core temps are: core1: 23C core2: 27C

without applelpc loaded, animations are fine, and cpu temps are 38C and 40C.

Anyone have an idea how to make applelpc work without problems?

Thanks for the reply. So I just removed the "IRQNoFlags" things, it's better now but the animations still laggy for a littlebit. And the CPU temps are 22C and 25C... Do I need to remove more IRQ from somewhere?

Edit.: only the dock animations laggy if a window opened

So my problem is now: wrong CPU temps reported

MaLd0n,

I too am having similiar issues, could you look at my dsdt and see if there are any tweaks you could do? I only have problems when I'm not using the NullCPUPowermanagement, but I would like to enable Native speedstep.

Thanks

send_me.zip

MB: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

Chipset North: Intel G31

Chipset South: Intel ICH7

Sorry for delay

dsdt.nyolc8.zip

NativePM and restart fix use Chameleon RC5

after

run on terminal

ioreg -lw0 | grep AICPMVers

I too am having similiar issues, could you look at my dsdt and see if there are any tweaks you could do? I only have problems when I'm not using the NullCPUPowermanagement, but I would like to enable Native speedstep.

the old problem in some models DELL

dont generate CST

the old problem in some models DELL

dont generate CST

is that C-State? if so then yes I see that message during boot, is there any way to fix/work with that or am I pretty much screwed? Nothing that needed changed on my DSDT?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for delay

NativePM and restart fix use Chameleon RC5

after

run on terminal

ioreg -lw0 | grep AICPMVers

Thanks!

(Sorry, I wasn't at home for a week.)

Edit.: I changed the DSDT file, but nothing changed. CPU temps low (19-22C), performance OK like before (only dock magnification animation bad)

I ran the terminal command and got this:

| |	 |   "AICPMVers" = 19136773

What is that mean?

Edit2.: Do I need to remove "DropSSDT" from the boot.plist?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The title of this topic is a bit misleading as the "lag" is not caused directly by AppleLPC.kext but is a side effect of native power management not working correctly. Either CPU or GPU or both.

Skippy animations/zoom can be caused by AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext loading a badly matching power management profile for the video card.

AGPM.kext works based on your model identifier - if you're using iMac9,1 for example, it will load the profile for the IGP used in the iMac9,1 which may or may not be optimal for your particular graphics hardware. For some models, such as MacPro3,1, AGPM.kext does not load at all.

Look here: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1024

You can either hack at AGPM.kext (there are several threads on the subject), delete it, or experiment with different model identifiers in smbios.plist.

• 1 month later...