Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet: Disables USB Keyboard and Mouse

hocus86

7 posts in this topic

For this problem, ignore my signature. I am working with MB=ASUS P5Q Pro, 3.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, GeForce 9500 GT 512MB DDR2, 6gb Ram, 1TB HD

I was able to get Lion GM installed. However, every time I boot I have to wait approximately 10 minutes for my USB keyboard and mouse to function. My mouse will move but I cannot click on anything. In searching in the logs, I found that as soon as I get control of my peripherals, this notice occurs: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet.

I have tried so many things, but at this point I am open to anything even if I have already tried it.

Thanks!

For this problem, ignore my signature. I am working with MB=ASUS P5Q Pro, 3.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, GeForce 9500 GT 512MB DDR2, 6gb Ram, 1TB HD

I was able to get Lion GM installed. However, every time I boot I have to wait approximately 10 minutes for my USB keyboard and mouse to function. My mouse will move but I cannot click on anything. In searching in the logs, I found that as soon as I get control of my peripherals, this notice occurs: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet.

I have tried so many things, but at this point I am open to anything even if I have already tried it.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it helps you but I solved that problem on my old gigabyte MB with disabling USB keyboard and mouse in BIOS.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

I ran into this, too... do you use SteerMouse and/or a Logitech mouse? Here, from another unnamed forum, is a post I made today:

---------

OK, just spent some time troubleshooting an odd problem I have had since I installed OS X Lion. The symptoms:

* When I boot,

* If set to boot to desktop, gets there but the mouse and

keyboard do not seem to work for about 10 minutes - except

the mouse pointer will move. No clicks or button presses

work, though. Then all is fine.

* If set to go to login screen, gets there and does the same

thing - then once I can log in all is fine.

* Does the same thing if I boot with Option and then go to

the Recovery "drive"

After the 10 minutes, though, all seems fine. After much troubleshooting, this is what I found (with the help of a *wonderful* Apple tech):

First: I use a Logitech MX518 (8 button mouse) with a third party driver (SteerMouse). I also have an Apple mouse and a Logitech 3 button mouse with the label missing - I just looked at the Logitech site and did not see it listed there any more. So be it: I will just call it the Logitech 3B.

The above symptoms happen under the following conditions:

* SteerMouse installed: if the Logitech MX518 or the Logitech

3B attached. Either way, 10 minute delay. All is fine with

the Apple mouse.

* SteerMouse *not* installed: if the Logitech MX518 is

attached but *not* if the Logitech 3B is attached (or the

Apple mouse)

My guess: Apple made changes to the way input devices work with Lion (clearly they added gestures and the like). I wonder how long until others start reporting similar oddities - and how long until Apple corrects this.

--

Prescott Computer Guy

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...