Any way to get QE/CI/OpenGL etc...

6 posts in this topic

Topic says it all. My Dell Hackintosh has an ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum on the PCI Express bus. Currently all I can do with it is change the resolution and color depth, and I have to do it through com.apple.boot.plist. Is there any way, like editing a kext, to get OSX 10.4.6 to recognize and be able to control this card?

I'd ideally like to get QE and CI support on it, as well as OpenGL working for a couple games I'd like to try.

OK then...

Yes, I KNOW the card sucks for a Hackintosh. Works great on all my Windoze stuff though.

In the time I was waiting for a reply, I found Koverg's patch. Unfortunately, my card does not work properly with it. Once the patch was applied and the plist edited, my machine would hang on boot at the end of the Darwin boot sequence. Oddly, I would get a mouse pointer, but all the text from Darwin would never disappear. Had to use safe boot to restore the kext. :(

Took me way too long to actually find where to DL the Callisto drivers. :blink:

I'll see what luck I have with them. Which build would be the best for my card?

Callisto 008 works fine on my X850XT-PE PCIe, but GL/QE/CI just does not work. I've tried anything and everything so it is as good as confirmed non working for anything but a standard 2D framebuffer.... perhaps a bit of waste to use such a decent gaming-card for that :)

I'd recommend you to switch it for an X1600 or X1800-card, then you might just be lucky enough to get it to work :D