Webcams and Hackntosh x86 that also work with winDoze?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone to date have a working webcam with the Intel Chipsets?

Mine is D945GTP, 10/100/1000 speeds ethernet, two PCI slots, one PCIexpress and one mini PCIexpress.

Looking for a webcam that works both on X86 10.4.6 as well as laptop (PC Windows)...

Has there been any success stories?

Thanks!

I'd guess from the lack of replies that no-one has a working webcam... seems odd, though. If I had such a device I'd test it - but I don't, sorry! At least this negative reply will bump the thread and someone might be able to give a more useful response!

I use macam with a Logitech 4000pro. It works great with yahoo messenger and on flash based websites. They have a list of what webcams work with this driver and which don't.

Does your audio input works in yahoo messenger? I'm using Quickcam Messenger with macam 0.87 , video works great but i have no audio input.

No, I don't have microphone support.

My webcam has a built-in mic and it works ( the audio input part) when i'm not using the webcam in yahoo, if the camera is on use the audio input does not work. and thats my problem atm.

I bought a Genius Trek webcam because it said it would work on OSX and XP. But the drivers for OSX were for PowerPC, so it was too slow, even on my system (where Rosetta apps run incredibly fast). So I decided to sell it to my father (he uses XP), and I'm getting an iSight soon. That would solve the mic issue too.

I use an old Sony DCR-TRV17E DV Camcorder as my webcam. It's connected to the hackintosh via firewire just like an iSight. It works in iChat and Skype.

I also use webcams(for my PCs) from vgear.com. They have a few models with Mac drivers but I'm not sure if they are unibin. www.vgear.com

mir...

::Update::

Would an iSight work with OSx86? I have an iSight but being a noob I'm trying to learn before I burn.

I'm running OS X 10.4.7 on Intel 915 GLVG board.

Also have a logitech QuickCam Express.... any way to get that to work?

Any inputs would be much appreciated!

Got macam. Problem with QuickCam Express solved. I have the one with a snapshot button for which the site gave a 50-50 sucess rate, but its worked 100% for me ;)

More info on macam here: http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/