OSX Lion DP 4 on Air 11"

JorgeCCastro

14 posts in this topic

Hello

i was wondering if anyone else is having this problem...

Launchpad doesn't load the App icons, only titles... i ran permission repair and it seemed to fix it, but after a few minutes it goes right back to not loading...

help anyone?

thanks

BTW please excuse me if i'm not posting this on the right place! ;)

After the jdownloader to extract any archive the icons starts to disappear, and logs shows the errors

08/06/11 19:19:28,649 Dock: LaunchPad: Database failure detected at __-[LPStorage commitTransaction:]_block_invoke_1:463 cannot start a transaction within a transaction.

08/06/11 19:19:28,649 Dock: LaunchPad: Database is corrupt attempting to remove and recreate it

08/06/11 19:19:28,676 Dock: Failed to bind key=bundleid value= during UPDATE of apps 08/06/11 19:19:28,676 Dock: LaunchPad: LPDatabaseException: -[LPStorage _insertRowIntoTable:withProperties:]:1484 not an error (18)

Hello, spotlight is ok? no seach on HDD? (Indexing in progress?)

I do not have that problem, against a friend, yes, because of Spotlight.

Spotlight is working... it indexed twice though...

Launchpad is showing me the icons half the time... every time i perform a permissions repair it works properly, but after a while it goes right back...

I have a similar problem with launchpad, but in my case it doesn't show icon and neither text.

there is only an empty launchpad screen (with the blurred desktop) and a white text: loading applications......

can anybody help me?

thanks

I have a similar problem with launchpad, but in my case it doesn't show icon and neither text.

there is only an empty launchpad screen (with the blurred desktop) and a white text: loading applications......

can anybody help me?

thanks

you can try "repairing permissions" if haven't already of course... and restarting... it seems to work for me.

but again, after a while it's ruined again. oh and another thing i noticed is that if create a folder with some apps, launchpad does save it. after a restart it's gone...

you can try "repairing permissions" if haven't already of course... and restarting... it seems to work for me.

but again, after a while it's ruined again. oh and another thing i noticed is that if create a folder with some apps, launchpad does save it. after a restart it's gone...

Unluckily this don't works. I've repaired permissions and restarted system but nothing changes. now i've installed lion again, so I can try to understand if there is an application or an action that corrupt launchpad.

thanks anyway

Same problem here; the Launchpad works great during a few hours, icons and texts, etc ...

But after 4-5hours, the icons disappear slowly ...

I think is a DP4 problem that will be fixed until the Lion release.