OS X 10.5.6

kamykazee

20 posts in this topic

UPDATED:

Im on an ASUS K50I Laptop, Intel Pentium T4500 CPU and Nvidia Geforce GT 320M video, nvidia nforce 730i southbridge.

Currently Trying to install ideneb v1.3. Which Kernel should i choose?

UPDATE:

I managed to install Iatkos s3 v2 (so Snow leopard). I shall move my questions onto the SL forum now. Thanks to everyone for their help!

For one, Mac OS X can not be installed to a Fat32 partition.

Second, "New Image" does not format a HDD, it creates a Disk Image from a HDD or it creates a blank image (.dmg image)

What motherboard are you using? (Model number would be a great piece of information).

I've managed to install it on my ASUS laptop, i got the' installation successful' message, i restarted, took out the dvd, and now it gives me 'boot0: done, bootmgr is missing, press ctrl+al+del to restart'. How could solve this an get mac os x to boot up?

I tried installing again, and this time after the successful install, i took out the leopard dvd, restarted and then i got the 'you must restart your pc...' message (in 3 different languages). What could this be? How can i fix this?

I am currently trying the ideneb v1.3 distro. It installs but enters a bootloop when i try to boot the installed OS X. I've tried using busratio=mybusratio but to no avail. I've tried using safe mode, single user mode, didnt work.

I'd like to ask, how do you install kexts? I googled it and i got 'go to system/...' folders, but where are those?

Kernel Extensions are in /System/Library/Extensions.

Some modifications can be made to work from /Extra/Extensions. This is advantageous because you won't lose them when you update OS X - usually patched kernel extensions in /System/Library/Extensions will be replaced with original ones when updating. Google/Forum search "Legacy Kext" or "Injector Kext" to learn more.

You "install" kernel extensions by copying them to /S*/L*/E*...

...and typing this at the command prompt (run Terminal.app):

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/.kext

When using /E*/E* you don't have to set permissions and ownership.

That's not a kernel panic.

It's hanging right before it should display "mbinit: done".

I have been able to "fix" this in the past by doing a CMOS reset (on two different ASUS boards). Make sure to enter your BIOS and set it back the way it was after doing this and before booting again. Don't ask me how to do a CMOS reset on a laptop though.

In the BIOS, make sure ACPI 2.0 and ACPI APIC are enabled if you have such settings.

Enable all "advanced CPU features" except CPUID Limit.

From a quick google, iDeneb 1.3 was a 10.5.5 distro - why are you using the 9.2.0 kernel? You can use the vanilla kernel - that would be 9.5.0 for 10.5.5.

Use google/forum search to find what other ASUS K50I owners have done.