• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
webplus

Working USB Bluetooth for Lion (DP3)

5 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Also working well with DP4

Been using a Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter (P57806uk-:) in Snow Leopard which works well (although it often stops working after sleep, so I stopped using sleep). After installing (Lion DP3) the Bluetooth logo appears in the menu bar but refused to connect my Apple Bluetooth keyboard or trackpad, it would just keep trying and trying... and trying - but would never connect.

So I plugged in a different USB adapter (Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Mini-Blueto.../ref=de_a_smtd) and it immediately detected my bluetooth devices and connected without any problems at all.

So, if your BT adapter isn't working, try another or the same one above...

UPDATE: Also working well with DP4

Been using a Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter (P57806uk-:D in Snow Leopard which works well (although it often stops working after sleep, so I stopped using sleep). After installing (Lion DP3) the Bluetooth logo appears in the menu bar but refused to connect my Apple Bluetooth keyboard or trackpad, it would just keep trying and trying... and trying - but would never connect.

So I plugged in a different USB adapter (Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Mini-Blueto.../ref=de_a_smtd) and it immediately detected my bluetooth devices and connected without any problems at all.

So, if your BT adapter isn't working, try another or the same one above...

Got this adapter and it works fine until sleep. So not quite there. Iam using GM

For me it's only worked when I "replugged" it after Lion starts. Then I added USBBusFix=Yes to chameleon boot file and it's working without replugging.

For me it's only worked when I "replugged" it after Lion starts. Then I added USBBusFix=Yes to chameleon boot file and it's working without replugging.

thanks - tried this and mouse works but no touch on magic mouse.