Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
watons

[HELP] how to install lion dp2 on Core Duo PC

8 posts in this topic

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Developer Previews 1 and 2 currently do not install on older Macs with unsupported Core Duo and Core Solo hardware, but by performing a simple hack you can get these machines to boot Lion.

Apparently the only thing preventing Lion from working on these 32-bit Macs is a single file that is easily removed, located here in a Lion installation:

/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

All you can do is install Mac OS X Lion on a Core 2 Duo machine and move the installation to a Core Duo or Core Solo machine, then delete the PlatformSupport.plist file. This at least works with the first Developer Preview. is the same with hackintosh too.

The problem is I have no other Core 2 Duo PC

so without a C2D,is it possible and how to??????

The problem is I have no other Core 2 Duo PC

so without a C2D,is it possible and how to??????

boot up your lion install pen drive, when it loads , open "terminal" from the "tools" menu,

type "cd /Volumes"

then "ls"

locate that Platform***.plist and delete it

boot up your lion install pen drive, when it loads , open "terminal" from the "tools" menu,

type "cd /Volumes"

then "ls"

locate that Platform***.plist and delete it

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, the installer has its own set of checks, I tried every which way to try and install it straight to my CD MacBook, but alas I ended up having to use my work's C2D iMac.

Sorry =(

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, the installer has its own set of checks, I tried every which way to try and install it straight to my CD MacBook, but alas I ended up having to use my work's C2D iMac.

Sorry =(

you don't have to be sorry about it

installing Lion requires a bit trying and learning

since you are installing Lion on a real mac ,then chameleon does not work

to bypass the checks ,there's another way, download this patched OSInstall http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=92897 and put it into you lion install drive "System/Install/Packages",replace the original one

you don't have to be sorry about it

installing Lion requires a bit trying and learning

since you are installing Lion on a real mac ,then chameleon does not work

to bypass the checks ,there's another way, download this patched OSInstall http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=92897 and put it into you lion install drive "System/Install/Packages",replace the original one

does this worked?

lacoste111 - unfortunately the problem is with trying to boot the installer. I think we will have to wait for release and kernel source

I installed It without Any proplem on Core2due 2.1

He's asking about a Core Duo, not a Core2Duo. They're not the same. The internal architecture is different.